New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by patbayns View Post
    thx much Radical! and GmZ..

i first used super unleaded then shifted to silver techron, mas maganda ang response ng makina sa silver techron. pero hindi ba may bad effect pag naghahalo ang diff fuels with diff octane? just an ignorant question lang po.

my ride pala is A/T, I monitor my odo to keep the rpm at 2k, may nabasa kc ako sa ibang post na may contribution daw yung rpm sa fuel savings. I assume that was a general rule.
    try mo gamitin Blaze or Vpower o kaya Gold, mas mataas octane ng mga yan compare sa silver. Hindi ko lang sure kung meron bad effect pag naghahalo ang fuel with different octane. im not an expert . Hirap magtipid ng gas sa A/T, hindi mo kasi fully control yung tranny eh, unless sini-switch mo yung L, 2, D3 and D4 paisa-isa. which i think is not recommended. hehe! sabi ng friend ko, meron range ang RPM na nag-eengage sa VTEC. so kung yun eh 2.2-2.3krpm, that's the time na gagana yung VTEC. still, im not sure about this. better ask sir Otep regarding the VTEC thing. hehe! pero dati every 3kRPM ako nagsi-shift pero nung try ko every 2krpm, gumanda ganda mileage ko. nasa Driving habits lang yan and road na dinadaanan. hehe! try visiting www.hondaclub.com.ph

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I have a CRV Gen 2 model 2002 A/T. Filled-up 56 liters on one occasion. I suppose that the tank capacity of the Gen2 CRV is 58 liters as indicated in the manual. Also averaging 7.5 to 8 kms./liter using Petron Xtra unleaded. As a force of habit, I maintain the rpm at 2000 and very easy on the gas pedal. Always achieved 10.5 kms./liter during highway driving (Las Pinas to Nasugbu) with speed between 80 kph to 90 kph.

The regular tire pressure is 30 psi but I increase it to 32psi during long drives. Ride is not so bothersome and tolerable since the road going to Fuego is well-paved. Lastly, I always use Helix fully synthetic oil and follow the periodic maintainance service.

Hope these info will be of help.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by patbayns View Post
    thx much Radical! and GmZ..

my ride pala is A/T, I monitor my tachometer to keep the rpm at 2k, may nabasa kc ako sa ibang post na may contribution daw yung rpm sa fuel savings. I assume that was a general rule.
    patbayns, same here. I've been very kuripot lately about fuel so I'm also keeping an eye on my Tach. I've been using this age-old tip on fuel economy: Imagine there's a raw egg underneath the gas pedal. It helps the tranny upshift faster when you have a light foot. The 'smart' transmission of the CRV adjusts depending on your driving habits. Try it. If you just 'cruise' and keep your foot light, the tranny upshifts very quickly. If you drive the car hard, the tranny keeps to a gear longer. Oh, by the way, try to anticipate traffic in order to use less brakes/engine brake. That's another downside of the CRV's transmission, it downshifts when you slow down, therefore, the engine needs to 'catch up' when you need to accelerate again.
    HTH
    Last edited by Radical!; November 23rd, 2006 at 10:55 AM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    I have a CRV Gen 2 model 2002 A/T. Filled-up 56 liters on one occasion. I suppose that the tank capacity of the Gen2 CRV is 58 liters as indicated in the manual.
    Hope these info will be of help.
    Thanks for the info shooter.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    *Radical!: that's why I chose manual tranny. hehe. but sometimes I also crave for power. sarap eh! and by the way, if you are approaching near the traffic put the tranny to Neutral. and avoid accelerate-brake-accelerate habit.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    anybody selling 05 or 06 crv matic ? must be lowmile...tnx 09175236627

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    okey ba ang Motul fully synthetic and iridium sparks for the 2005 CRV matic ? tnx

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by acespino2000 View Post
    okey ba ang Motul fully synthetic and iridium sparks for the 2005 CRV matic ? tnx
    I used fully synthetic oil from honda. Iridium spark plugs? Im using it for almost 8mos now. Improvement? Hmm, let me recall. . I think so.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    yup...i think the iridium plugs help in fuel efficiency due to better burning of the gas

pansin ko lang na mas malakas hatak ng BLAZE compare to V-POWER....and mas maganda consumption with the blaze...pareho ba octane rating nun ?

so far, i changed the headlamp bulbs and foglamps bulbs...ganda pag all white...mahal kc HID e hehehe

i have a 2005 CRV matic ...all stock for now

magset up tayo ng CRV gen 2.5 CLUB !!!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by acespino2000 View Post
    yup...i think the iridium plugs help in fuel efficiency due to better burning of the gas

pansin ko lang na mas malakas hatak ng BLAZE compare to V-POWER....and mas maganda consumption with the blaze...pareho ba octane rating nun ?

so far, i changed the headlamp bulbs and foglamps bulbs...ganda pag all white...mahal kc HID e hehehe

i have a 2005 CRV matic ...all stock for now

magset up tayo ng CRV gen 2.5 CLUB !!!
    afaik, the RON of Blaze is 96 while V-Power 95.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Honda CR-V 2006 owners!!!