New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LNopal View Post
    that should be ok. adding water to your reservoir will not kill your cooling system. it is when you use tap water all the time for your cooling system instead of coolant.

how is is your car? when was the last time you had your coolant flushed? you have to flush it at least 2-3 years so the residue buildups can be supressed. if you haven't had a coolant flush, it may be a good time to do it.

if the car uses HONDA TYPE-2 coolant then it doesn't have to be replaced for TEN YEARS. you read that right 10-years, coz type2 is a dexcool-type coolant that doesn't need to be replaced often

there's a sticker under the hood that indicates coolant type

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ang problema sa type 2 coolant mahirap mag-hanap dito sa pinas. i sourced mine several months ago from an independent seller who had it imported from the usa pa when i decided to flush my old contaminated rad fluid

dunno why honda phil is still selling those type 1 coolants when it's already phased out in other countries

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    mga sir panu kung puro tubig lang laman ng radiator at reservoir? masama ba yun? may nakita ako na coolant prestone 50/50 pwede ba ilagay nlng sa radiator un kapag napansin na konti na laman? same rin sa resevoir?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ang problema sa type 2 coolant mahirap mag-hanap dito sa pinas. i sourced mine several months ago from an independent seller who had it imported from the usa pa when i decided to flush my old contaminated rad fluid

dunno why honda phil is still selling those type 1 coolants when it's already phased out in other countries

well honda can be full of $hit sometimes but type-2 is available here in pinas. got mine from honda makati if i remember correctly. they dispense it from a drum so just bring your own container

by the way the type2 from the drum is a CONCENTRATE so has to be diluted 50/50 w/ distilled water.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ it's good na available na din pala. kasi when i asked about it at the casa, they were scratching their heads not knowing anything about it. pati tuloy ako napapakamot na lang din

btw, how much did it cost you to get the type 2 coolant?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Hi newbie here just want to ask if ok lang ba na distilled water lang ang gamitin ko sa radiator ko at walang coolant or dapat both meron? Honda Civic 2008

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by avictorino View Post
    Hi newbie here just want to ask if ok lang ba na distilled water lang ang gamitin ko sa radiator ko at walang coolant or dapat both meron? Honda Civic 2008
    Okay lang ang distilled water.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    one of the functions of coolant additive, is the prevent corrosion of the metal alloys in the engine.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

one of the functions of coolant additive, is the prevent corrosion of the metal alloys in the engine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Honda Coolant mixed with water