New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hi guys. I need your help please. I have a 96 Civic Vti. Napansin ko everytime I start my engine from a cold start I hear this screeching noise / metal to metal sound (like a kitchen blender or something) coming from one of the belts or any part near or connected to them. It will last for about 15 to 20 mins and then its gone. Then I noticed there's a leak on my power steering pump. So basically my suspect is the PS pump. Tama kaya ang suspetsa ko? I will bring my Honda to a mechanic pero I just need to have an idea about the monetary damage I will face if PS pump nga ang may problem. If you guys could give any details about PS Pump, or any other opinion on what's causing this weird sound, I will truly appreciate.

Thanks guys

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It truly depends on what is the cause of the sound.

It could be a failed bearing on a pulley wheel. That would be cheap to fix.

But it might be a failing PS pump or water pump and the only fix would be to replace the part with new or surplus.

Best to have it quoted and ask us again if the price looked ok.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Its that which I often like to drive.

The one thing which I like most that is the water pump. This is exactly that which I think that should be in every model or car.

Great information buddy... Keep it up.

fast koozies

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Had a similar experience right after a periodic PM. Di maganda yong pag tighten sa pulleys at belts. Nag-adjust sila, nawala.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    *TS, I've experienced that before, screeching noise after starting, and it dissappears after a few minutes. What I did was I had my belts (in my case the culprit was the fan belt) adjusted and voila, no more irritating screeching sounds.

HTH.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    either fan belt or bearing sa pulley

Honda Civic Vti 96 Cold engine screeching noise