New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    why is the 2.0 VTI-S isn't as famous as the SIR?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It wasn't as big as a technology jump as the SiR with its B16 engine, standard 4 wheel disc brakes and uprated suspension. The 2.0 VTi-S was simply another compact sedan with a big displacement engine. It couldn't boast of having high horsepower even if it would have been faster in a race vs the SiR.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    IMO newer cars like the VTI-S 2.0 lack the raw feeling of older cars like the SiR.

I dunno what could happen if you gauge the two cars, but pit a 1.8 FD (or even a 2.0) against an SiR and the FD will get pwn3d. How can I say so? I happened to tail a 1.8 FD (with our car, check avatar) and the Civic didn't get far from me. Our car topped at one nine zero (ECU limited) and the other guy was approaching 200, but it took both of us a very long distance to reach that speed. SiR's can reach that speed much easier.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    what's pwn3d?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    dami nang threads comparing SiR vs some car. can everybody agree that the SiR is the true benchmark of a sporty compact sedan when talking about the local market?
    Last edited by Negus; February 11th, 2009 at 09:36 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    dami nang threads comparing SiR vs some car. can everybody agree that the SiR is the true benchmark of a sporty compact sedan when talking about the local market?
    Yes. It was a benchmark of street tuner performance for a time. But unfortunately that time has passed with much newer cars offering the same or better performance right out from the dealer showroom.

Some examples of these are:
    -Mitsubishi Lancer EX GT / GTA
    -Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0 (non-turbo)
    -Ford Focus TDCi M/T (recently phased out in favor of the new DSG model)

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yumyum View Post
    what's pwn3d?
    The term pwn3d? "Perfectly owned".

or the car?

FD 1.8. Not sure about the performance of the 2.0 tho.

Good thing there are other guys who also think that the EX GT is on par with the SiR.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    the 2.0 vti-s is not a popular car simply because is an a/t. if it was released as a m/t, i'm sure it would have been a different story. k series engines are by far more powerful than the b series engines. also, the scarcity of performance parts (compared to the b-series engines) didn't help the cause.

in terms of over all package, the SiR will have an advantage having a much lighter and stiffer chasis than the vti-s (the es chasis was a piece of crap in my opinion). in terms of engine performance, the vti-s has more potential power than the SiR. i just wish they had a manual version of it.

compared to the latest generation civics, a drag from starting at engine idle, i reckon that the stock 1.8 civics can beat a stock SiR because b16's weak link is it's torque. It will be a different story though if you launch an SiR at an optimum rpm range.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I have to say the SiR sucks when it comes to stop and go traffic, everybody knows that. I used to drive through Taft avenue every day for 4 years with the family's SiR. when you go on an upwards slope from a standing start you have to go over 3000 rpm just to get the torque. Sometimes more if packed. and when you miss a gear shift it's very unforgiving, some might say "nasa driving skills yan". pero it's supposed to be easy diba. Now, i've matured and when choosing cars, i'm looking for good torque throughout the rpm range. I already sold the car long ago but I do still miss the noise it makes when it hits the sweet spot .

add: I'm currently driving an AT. heehee
    Last edited by Negus; February 12th, 2009 at 10:20 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have outrun Civic SiRs in my 99 Corolla 1.6L-turbo A/T in the unofficial quarter mile races on the street. The Civic might get a jump on me on the start but I just reel him in once my turbo has spooled up. I usually beat the SiRs by a margin of 1.5 to 2 cars.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Honda civic SIR vs 2.0 VTI-S