New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    2.0FD kaya vs sir talo parin ang new fd?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    pag may USDM Honda civic si dito goodbye SIR! ang si 6 speed manual tranny and 190+++ hp yun eh

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    pag may USDM Honda civic si dito goodbye SIR! ang si 6 speed manual tranny and 190+ hp yun eh

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zel.chikot View Post
    our nissan sentra LEC 93' model running at 150+kp/hr and averaging 130km/hr i think, from san pablo, laguna, up to dulo ng SLEX was together with a honda civic SiR 99' model. this was way back 1999! at naaalala ko pa un. . napaka bago ng sir nun. haha. pero sad to say nauna kami sa dulo with all the zigzag moves with the traffic, we outrunned the SiR. i think sa driver na din yon. my dad is the driver of our nissan. at un SiR naman ay hndi namin kilala
    pagdating sa dulo and while we are paying at the booth, we saw the SiR with windows opened. patingin tingin sa amin, haha!
    hehehe this is a funny story...i bet nakapatay aircon, nanginginig manibela nyo at pawis na pawis na kayo sa loob ng sasakyan hehehe. nissan lec is my first car mendyo underpower siya kasi once nag on yung compessor ng aircon ng kotse ramdam ko yung effect sa engine... baka nag crucruse lang ung driver ng SiR at akala nyo nakikipag racing na sila sa inyo

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    I have to say the SiR sucks when it comes to stop and go traffic, everybody knows that. I used to drive through Taft avenue every day for 4 years with the family's SiR. when you go on an upwards slope from a standing start you have to go over 3000 rpm just to get the torque. Sometimes more if packed. and when you miss a gear shift it's very unforgiving, some might say "nasa driving skills yan". pero it's supposed to be easy diba. Now, i've matured and when choosing cars, i'm looking for good torque throughout the rpm range. I already sold the car long ago but I do still miss the noise it makes when it hits the sweet spot .

add: I'm currently driving an AT. heehee
    New generation of Si has more torque, except new Si is not sold in the philippines.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Yes. It was a benchmark of street tuner performance for a time. But unfortunately that time has passed with much newer cars offering the same or better performance right out from the dealer showroom.

Some examples of these are:
    -Mitsubishi Lancer EX GT / GTA
    -Subaru Impreza WRX 2.0 (non-turbo)
    -Ford Focus TDCi M/T (recently phased out in favor of the new DSG model)
    True, except Si is still one of the most fun FF small car in the market.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by subaru_sti View Post
    hehehe this is a funny story...i bet nakapatay aircon, nanginginig manibela nyo at pawis na pawis na kayo sa loob ng sasakyan hehehe. nissan lec is my first car mendyo underpower siya kasi once nag on yung compessor ng aircon ng kotse ramdam ko yung effect sa engine... baka nag crucruse lang ung driver ng SiR at akala nyo nakikipag racing na sila sa inyo
    hahaha! yeah very funny talaga. kaya siguro nakatingin sa kanila yung naka SiR kasi nagtataka sya sa ginagawa nilang pagpapatakbo ng mabilis while sya ay cruising speed lang

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Honda civic SIR vs 2.0 VTI-S