New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    EG 2 door has a good interior and not boxy look.... i go for EG....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Guys,

I'm planning to buy a 2nd hand Civic hatchback for my younger brother that is in college. mahirap ba maitenance noon. Should i get the all stock one or just the one with converted engine to b16?
    malakas ba consumption ng b16 engine?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i had the sedan version way back in college. maintenance? that car is bulletproof. maintenance lang at oil changes and you'll have absolutely no problems. if you're looking for reliability i'd prefer stock engines - you never know when you make a change as big as a engine swap.

if you're looking more for a hot hatch type of ride then get the b16 powered one.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Need your advise and opinion po.

Planning to save some money buying a hatchback. I saw some with b16 200k up and with b18c going around 320k. Are they really that fast? sorry for asking because I have never tried one yet. How about the consumption of a hatch with a b16 or b18? Any other things that I need to look at aside from if the car was race or not. Isa pa po, di kaya mag-overheat radiator nila dahil nag-change engine. Pansin ko kasi maliliit radiator nila, unlike sa sedan. halos sakop ng radiator buong grills. thanks po in advance...

If ever, is there other alternative na kasing-bilis ng hatchback with b16 or b18?

Cons:
    Nag-aalangan ako sa price kasi parang SIR na presyo nila at mga Accord.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by japong View Post
    Need your advise and opinion po.

Planning to save some money buying a hatchback. I saw some with b16 200k up and with b18c going around 320k. Are they really that fast? sorry for asking because I have never tried one yet. How about the consumption of a hatch with a b16 or b18? Any other things that I need to look at aside from if the car was race or not. Isa pa po, di kaya mag-overheat radiator nila dahil nag-change engine. Pansin ko kasi maliliit radiator nila, unlike sa sedan. halos sakop ng radiator buong grills. thanks po in advance...

If ever, is there other alternative na kasing-bilis ng hatchback with b16 or b18?

Cons:
    Nag-aalangan ako sa price kasi parang SIR na presyo nila at mga Accord.
    The Civic hatch is overpriced kasi saan ka tumingin, swerte kung makatsamba ka ng mura at magandang condition.

A hatch with d15b once smoked an SiR in a drag. Now imagine what it could do with b16's and b18's.

Civic EGs and EKs (sedans or hatches) are really prone to overheat because of the radiator size.

I didn't switch to two-rows on my ESi when it had d15b, I just maintaned the radiator clean and free of leaks with the thermostat properly fixed and it didn't give me anymore problems.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    mhervin16*yahoo.com check my hatch sa facebook.. hehe, dko lam pano mag post ng pics here.. pa comments po kung may nag tingin senyo from here in tsikot.. ty

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mhervin16 View Post
    mhervin16*yahoo.com check my hatch sa facebook.. hehe, dko lam pano mag post ng pics here.. pa comments po kung may nag tingin senyo from here in tsikot.. ty
    Nice EG mhervin. Ganda...hehe! ganyan din yung nakita ko na hatchback na nasa 300k.

isa1023: thanks for the advise. Need to think more if hatchback is worth buying these days. kapag kasi nakikita ko, parang ok magkaroon at maganda porma. ito kasi yung car na gusto ko during my college days kaso ang mahal pa din hanggang ngayon. ang tagal bumaba kahit more than 10yrs na, parang Landcruiser LC80.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    up ko tong thread na to... calling the attention of hatch lovers around the lupang sinilangan. up natin to atin to...post kayo dito kahit ano regarding sa hatch niyo or kahit na pwedeng pagusapan. gawin nating tambayan tong forum na to. (ef,eg and ek)

here's mine 92 model stock PH12 engine

http://s767.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=Image385.jpg

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    HI people, im a new member of this site, i just want to share something to hatchback lovers. i am 25 years old now and i have a 1991 hatch ef, you know for me hatchbacks are the very nice versions that honda releases, all hatch back model available on our market gather all respects on automotive industry. hatch's are very cool to setup with and for me hatch's are hindi "nalalaos" every time i saw one in the street im so happy because we keep on looking to each other's car. So for some who want to get one, you will never regret to have it because it is easy to maintain, even the stock or swaped engines, and in terms of spare parts, you can easily get from side by side auto shops. if you dont have budgets for an genuine parts, you can have an replacements japan parts.. So, i hope to inspire people who wish to get a hactch back civic, you can go and visit me on honda makati at counter #5 for more. i hope to serve you since i am one of the service advisor there. Thanks, and godbless to all!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    gud day sirs/mam..
    im a new member here. i also own a HB stock '92, bought it 2nd hand. hope to read more about HB owners and share experiences re our HB. tnxs..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Honda Civic Hatchback [Merged]