New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    blades ba may problema kapag madaming streaks yung windshield mo kapag nagwiwipe siya? nagtataka ako kasi sa passenger side eh sobrang linis pero sa driver side grabe yung water streaks hehe
    nako nanggaling narin ako diyan... ang weird nga nung sa driver side na wiper... bumili nalang ako sa casa ng wiper blades... di ko alam yung mga banana-type na aftermarket wipers sa labas...

good times ...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    good day. any recommendation as to where i can get a fair deal on new mags for my FD? one that can accept a trade-in (of the mags and tires that im using now) i live in alabang. i can go to stores as far as in banawe

also, are there any stores that sell the mudolo 17s? the one that honda sells. I presume its cheaper to buy somewhere else

thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    suysuy..mahirap maghanap ng aftermarket..kasi yung isang blade ng FD mahaba...wala yata nagbebenta ng ganung lenght....mura lang naman yata ang oem..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good day. any recommendation as to where i can get a fair deal on new mags for my FD? one that can accept a trade-in (of the mags and tires that im using now) i live in alabang. i can go to stores as far as in banawe
    try to sell your stock rims rather than trade-in sa mga tire shop...babaratin ka sa trade-in

sold my 16" (5spoke) with brandnew tires for $AU500(20k pesos)..paglabas pa lang ng casa pinalitan ko kaagad ng rims

tapos pinalitan ko na lang ng EP3 17" rims cost me $AU900 with 80% tires

pero syempre mas mura dyan sa PH..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MayG View Post

also, are there any stores that sell the mudolo 17s? the one that honda sells. I presume its cheaper to buy somewhere else

thanks
    Bro,
    Meron selling na modulo sa TFD! Dali at baka maunahan ka pa
    As for your stock mags...that's the 17s 2010 model? Post mo na din sa selling and maybe someone might like it.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    thanks.. will 18s be too much? shall i just stick with 17s?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MayG View Post
    thanks.. will 18s be too much? shall i just stick with 17s?

Not at all sir..You can go as big as 19s if you want! but you'll have to adjust your comfort level as well. I've been in 18s before and I like it (although wifey doesn't) so now we made a compromise in 17s
    Depende sa iyo yan...just make sure that you get the right sizes, pcds, offset and the right size of course!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Guy View Post
    Not at all sir..You can go as big as 19s if you want! but you'll have to adjust your comfort level as well. I've been in 18s before and I like it (although wifey doesn't) so now we made a compromise in 17s
    Depende sa iyo yan...just make sure that you get the right sizes, pcds, offset and the right size of course!
    right sizes? pcds? offset? right size? -- sorry sir, these are all alien to me.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    guys tama, remember my problem sa kabig? and the strange sounds? hehe hindi ko pa rin napacheck

anyway, i forgot to tell you na yung FD ko kapag mag accelerate ka yung manibela pumupunta sa right. halos 1:00 (assuming the center (H) logo points at 12:00)

is this an engine mount problem or suspension? ilang times na ako nagpa align still ganun parin. pumupuntang right parin. tire pressures are all equal.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ Torque steer.

It's inherent in FWD designs. Since the transmission/differential is in an off-center position, drive shafts to the two front wheels will be of different lengths. Needless to say, the side with the shorter drive shaft would be able to transfer more torque, propelling that wheel stronger causing the steering wheel to pull to the other side. Modern cars have incorporated design changes to minimize torque steer and its effect should be relatively insignificant on most road cars, including the stock Civic.

Wheel alignment, for one, helps compensate torque steer. So it's imperative that when you have your vehicle aligned, the alignment parameters should match the make/model/year of your vehicle. Do not use generic values.

IMO, it is most likely a toe-in/out alignment. Camber is not adjustable on the stock front suspension but it could change if your suspension hit a large pothole, for instance. The tie-rods and rack-ends to some extent, also cause a bit of torque steer if one side became too loose or had been damaged.

Honda Civic FD Body [continued]