New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Mga Hondas,what is the best gasoline sa honda civic vti 1997?Shell unleaded?Caltex Silver?petron unleaded?Yan lang mga kinakarga ko sa honda ko.Before when I still in province,Petron o shell lang.Pero nun nalaman ko na ang caltex silver daw ay maganda sa makina at matipid daw,caltex silver nako palagi.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Petron Blaze nalang yata walang E10 pero ang mahal.pero lalakas daw hatak sasakyan pag eto gamit.totoo?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Does anybody have an idea if it's possible to convert a Fuel-Injected car which is not yet compatible to E10 fuel? I have a Honda City 1999 LXi (Not the Type Z model), and honda posted it that it's not yet compatible for E10. I have already loaded it up with XCS for a couple of months until I discovered honda's posting.

I'll be loading up with Blaze until there's a solution for conversion.
    I'd like to know if you guys have an idea on how much it will cost if there's a conversion kit available.

Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I believe Petron's BLAZE also has blended enthanol.

Good thing that you have EFI . . . think of the other old cars that still has carburated engines. :twak: it is even much worse!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i have a 99 carb corolla that runs e10 blended petrol with no drama, apart from a corroded canister valve and somewhat bad fuel economy (1.3 engine gets only 7-8, wtf? minsan it's 6-7 pag barado na air filter).

my previous 96 and 99 civic a/t ran e10 just fine and dandy.

my 98 a32 even likes seaoil extreme e10.

so my opinion here is: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. run that baby on any petrol you like until the engine breaks. then replace the whole engine na lang (which, i think, is more cost effective than repairing the old one and converting it to run like a flex fuel vehicle) then run another 100,000 kms.

by then, wasak na yung kotse. time for a new one which ought to be compatible with e10 by then.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Ano ba nagiging problema pag nilagyan mo ng e10 ang carb engine?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    I believe Petron's BLAZE also has blended enthanol.
    I think Petron BLAZE is still without ethanol.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    problems on EFI cars with E10 would include (but not limited to) the following:

-rust in the gas tank (from the water content in the e10 gasoline)
    -hardening of the non-ethanol compatible rubber fuel hoses.
    -erosion/corrosion of some metal fuel hoses (resulting in pin hole leaks).

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I think Petron BLAZE is still without ethanol.
    if the gas boy's answer at Petron Kamagong is any sort of confirmation, Petron's Blaze has no E10. It's what I used when I topped up this morning ... switched from XCS.

And the Blaze pump didn't have an E10 sticker.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    *ghosthunter

problems on EFI cars with E10 would include (but not limited to) the following:

-rust in the gas tank (from the water content in the e10 gasoline)
    -hardening of the non-ethanol compatible rubber fuel hoses.
    -erosion/corrosion of some metal fuel hoses (resulting in pin hole leaks).
    thanks for the info. so is there a way to replace the affected parts to make it compatible for E10?

and also, what is the safest fuel to load for now? my first option, as what i've already stated on my first post, is Petron Blaze.

pag ethanol-blended lang yung fuel (not 10%-90% mixture), like XCS (if i'm not mistaken, is not E10 but still contains ethanol -- around 5%?), me negative effect pa din kaya sa kotse?

naninigurado lang.. i'm currenly draining the currently loaded XCS. just making sure na tama yung maikakarga ko after

thanks again.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Honda Civic and E10/Ethanol gasoline [MERGED]