New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Never used E10 in my 1.8S since I got it exactly a year ago. I've always fed primarily with Blaze. If it's not available, I go with V-Power or Gold (in that order).

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Don't rely on the bars, just continue using it then refuel and calculate accordingly. The fuel bars are quite inaccurate and they diminish inconsistently... Personally I get a solid 8.5km/L on city traffic with E10. But that was last year pa I haven't been measuring my consumption lately...
    thanks tidus1203. Do we have the same model? Also, afaik, e10 is more combustible, hence giving more power and improves fuel economy. Shell's e10 is based on their regular petrol (89 ron) mixed with 10% ethanol giving a 93 ron. Petron's e10 is based on their unleaded petrol (93 ron) mixed with 10% ethanol giving a 95 ron.

So I concluded that it is possible to get better fuel consumption using petron's e10 compared to using unleaded.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaydpogi View Post
    thanks tidus1203. Do we have the same model? Also, afaik, e10 is more combustible, hence giving more power and improves fuel economy. Shell's e10 is based on their regular petrol (89 ron) mixed with 10% ethanol giving a 93 ron. Petron's e10 is based on their unleaded petrol (93 ron) mixed with 10% ethanol giving a 95 ron.

So I concluded that it is possible to get better fuel consumption using petron's e10 compared to using unleaded.
    From the link posted by snatchmeister:

"Ethanol contains less energy value than petrol. In theory, some loss of power and fuel economy (possibly 2-3%) may occur when using E10."

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *ejaydpogi

No I have automatic tranny...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    *ejaydpogi

No I have automatic tranny...
    I see. What was you odometer reading when you started achieving your stated consumption?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Not so sure siguro nasa 3000++km na yun... Right now my Civic has 5377km in the odometer and in a week 1 year old na Civic ko.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Not so sure siguro nasa 3000++km na yun... Right now my Civic has 5377km in the odometer and in a week 1 year old na Civic ko.
    Thanks. I hope that I can achieve a 9-10 fc with this car since fc was my primary consideration in choosing a car to buy before.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kung FC ang #1 consideration mo you should have bought the CRDi Accent. Reportedly kaya daw 20km/L. I can't verify that pero seems realistic given diesels frugality and the cars body.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Kung FC ang #1 consideration mo you should have bought the CRDi Accent. Reportedly kaya daw 20km/L. I can't verify that pero seems realistic given diesels frugality and the cars body.
    my primary consideration is consumption. i also considered interior space and exterior styling. accent has a small interior space. i was about to go with carens (crdi is the way to right!) but i was surprised with the jump in price. my final choices were fd, mazda 3, and the new jazz. mazda 3 was said to have a below avarage fc due to engine power and weight. the fd with the discount is much cheaper than the top of the line jazz. that's why i bought the fd.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    From the link posted by snatchmeister:

"Ethanol contains less energy value than petrol. In theory, some loss of power and fuel economy (possibly 2-3%) may occur when using E10."
    Ethanol does not increase power. It expands the heat of the petrol creating a bigger explosion. Thus giving your unleaded a higher octane rating. The problem with e10 is that since it expands the heat, the internal temperature of the engine is much higher. This causes knocking issues.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Honda Civic and E10/Ethanol gasoline [MERGED]