New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    just saw shadow.dami nrn pla infos. dun,tnx btw.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Got this flier from Honda Alabang when we went to talk with our SA. I also asked him if I can use the e10 on my future car and he said yes. Also said that e10 is ok for 2002+ models.. So you guys know, the SA is a patient of my dad so he wouldn't lie to us. Unfortunately his deal sucked. Business is still business.. In my opinion I'd use e10 because I got a great mileage out of it with our 2.0 CRV. With xcs I'd pay 600 to go back and forth to school. Sometimes I'll pay more for gas for other side trips..

Disclaimer: I do not insist anyone using e10. I am not responsible for the damages this may cause. Hehe, baka mademanda e..

*Repost from TeamFD also made by me..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    been trying petron e10 on a 2.4L na SUV. lakas humatak! i'm still monitoring the consumption though, parang malakas sa city driving pero ok naman sa highway.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ako since fuel prices zoomed up i have used shells e10 on my civic ek, mas gumanda ang consumption and drive ng car ko, hangnag ngayon e10 parin ang ginagamit ko kahit nagmura na ulit ang fuel.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    used e10 form shell...WALA e10 petron banda sa amin... humina ang hatak ng 2008 city namin... mas madali maubos... pro walang vibrations na napansin gaya sa iba... but then, P1-2 na lang difference nya sa unleaded so bakit pa ko mag e10 IMO when i get better fuel consumption with the regular unleaded?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gab300 View Post
    used e10 form shell...WALA e10 petron banda sa amin... humina ang hatak ng 2008 city namin... mas madali maubos... pro walang vibrations na napansin gaya sa iba... but then, P1-2 na lang difference nya sa unleaded so bakit pa ko mag e10 IMO when i get better fuel consumption with the regular unleaded?

guys would have to agree with gab300 here..if you have a look at this link from Honda Australia its pretty straight up and coming from the 'horses' mouth, being Honda themselves, that you could lose power and fuel economy using E10.

http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/conn...wners/Ethanol/

i've stuck with shell v-power for the meantime as long-term there are no long term effects proven of what E10 can actually do to an engine..IMO regardless whether Honda designed or tested their cars for E10 usage its still a huge risk to take for an expensive car in order to save P1-2 per liter...

if you really equate it to some simple computation or exercise there is little to no difference to keeping up the quality and output of your civic long or short term:

V-Power: Php1,000 / P37.61 per liter = 26.58 liters
    E10: Php 1,000 / P35.61 per liter = 28.08 liters

Now lets just say for arguments sake, you fill up on average Php1,000 a week and given over 12 months or 52 weeks this would make an overall difference of 78 liters in total between V-Power and E10 in filling up(28.08L - 26.58L = 1.5L x 52 weeks = 78L) or Php104 total difference per liter in total over 52 weeks.

In the end, is this really worth an excercise or savings to try and maximize your FC but at the same time risk the quality and output of the civic you paid for with your hard earned money which is close to nearly Php1,000,000?

Just my 2 cents lang.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have also been using E10 on my Civic 1.8.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    my gen 2 CRV runs better on Petron E10. I get more mileage on it.. Seriously..

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I just got my 09 civic 1.8v m/t yesterday. I was hesitant to fill her out with e10. But being e10 compatible, i still tried it. i'm still going to observe the consumption. but as of now, i think i going to be depressed by the results. from full tank, just 6km running, 2 bars of the fuel guage is consumed already. this with a gear shift less than 2k rpm. but the engine is still new so i'm still hoping that consumption will improve.

maybe someone can post their fuel consumption between using unleaded and e10 on the same car.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Don't rely on the bars, just continue using it then refuel and calculate accordingly. The fuel bars are quite inaccurate and they diminish inconsistently... Personally I get a solid 8.5km/L on city traffic with E10. But that was last year pa I haven't been measuring my consumption lately...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Honda Civic and E10/Ethanol gasoline [MERGED]