New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Hi Guys,

Just need your advice as my alternator got spoiled and i tried getting a surplus and it only work for around 1 month then it died again.

I tried checking * Honda but they said they dont have stocks yet so now i have no car.... T_T

Any other suggestion? Can I use other alternator for other brand? of any generic alternator maybe?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by caveman928 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just need your advice as my alternator got spoiled and i tried getting a surplus and it only work for around 1 month then it died again.

I tried checking * Honda but they said they dont have stocks yet so now i have no car.... T_T

Any other suggestion? Can I use other alternator for other brand? of any generic alternator maybe?

Thanks.
    try different casa. i remember we found 1 for thr EK at honda eastwood. mahal sya. i think upwards of 10k that was in 2010

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    yeah, guess no choice but to look for other casa.

im from Las Pinas pala. And price for bnew honda alternator now is 14k..... T_T

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    14k? Well if you want to save more than half, you can always ask an alternator shop if your old oem alternator can still be completely rebuild.

Taga las pinas kayo sir? Are you familiar with EL Grande avenue inside BF homes paranaque? There is a very good recommended shop there that rebuilds/repair old OEM alternators. The shop's name is RNB. It is along el-grande avenue near the intersection of Aguirre Ave. Look for Robert if ever you visit their shop. I suggest to ask their advice first before purchasing a bnew alt.

hth.