New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Hello all!

Currently looking for a good quality cold air intake. Pa recommend naman please.

Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zurcmit View Post
    Hello all!

Currently looking for a good quality cold air intake. Pa recommend naman please.

Thank you!
    Can't help you with this but if you do get one, get one with the (not sure what you call it) valve para hindi ka humigop ng tubig pag dumaan sa baha.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Can't help you with this but if you do get one, get one with the (not sure what you call it) valve para hindi ka humigop ng tubig pag dumaan sa baha.
    Thank you sir Mda! Oo nga tama. As per checking sa mga store wala pa atang company nag labas ng intake for 1.8 fc. 😭

4. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Thank you sir Mda! Oo nga tama. As per checking sa mga store wala pa atang company nag labas ng intake for 1.8 fc. Honda Civic 2017 - Cold Air Intake
    Meron sir. Check with jdm select. Meron sila CAI injen yata brand.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Hello all!

Thank you!
    If RS, dont upgrade your intake unless you have a way to recalibrate the AFM. The stock intake flows well naman especially on stock boost levels.

I'm no sure if this is applicable to 1.8 but i'll leave it stock na lang rin and be on the safe side.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Janemar View Post
    If RS, dont upgrade your intake unless you have a way to recalibrate the AFM. The stock intake flows well naman especially on stock boost levels.

I'm no sure if this is applicable to 1.8 but i'll leave it stock na lang rin and be on the safe side.

Thank you all for the replies. I currently own a Civic FC 1.8.. ill look into this sir. Thank you!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I am not sure how much improvement in power output a CAI will do for the Civic 1.8L but if you ask me, I'd rather spend such an amount for better and grippier tires.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I agree. The main purpose of CAIs is to force cold air (more air) into the intake as the car moves, thereby making combustion more efficient. However, after observing the 1.8 E Civic's intake layout, I noticed that hot air from the engine bay is isolated thru that rubber flap on the hood, and there is another flap, maybe a port unconspicously located at the bottom right side of the bumper grille I reckon it serves to scoop air also, mixing with air coming from the upper grille.