New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Hi all!

Honestly, I don't know much about cars. I've just recently searched the net from Buy & Sell websites in search for an affordable but fuel efficient 2nd hand car for myself. Seen a Honda civic dx (all stock, all manual) meaning that it doesnt come with power steering too but has a soft steering wheel which compensates for the lack of that specific feature. I havent searched much about the prices of a PS assembly but from the lowest price ive seen was 9k. I mean if i would be buying a 110k car with all manual and would buy and install a PS for it then it would cost 119k where i could have bought a 120k all powered car. I do apologize if i sound confusing.

Can anyone give some comments or suggestions about this car if it would be a worthy choice for a first time owner of car like me? Id appreciate all your inputs! Thank you! more power to this site

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Assuming from the given price range, you're looking at the Honda Civic EF.

Am I correct? If so, forget it.

Forget all Hondas.

They're sold at a very high price, and being it an uncommon vehicle I am afraid that parts may come in rare. And for a first time car owner, everything should be smooth sailing wherein replacement parts are abundant and things are easier to fix.

My suggestion? Get a Toyota AE92

You can get one for as low as 65k - running condition. Spend the rest of your money to make it look presentable.

Change the engine, have a washover, fix the interior, fix the aircon, fix the suspension and what not.

Repairs are inevitable, especially for a vehicle as old as this. Hence, if the parts were to come by cheaper, the better. At least at the end of the day, you will still have some cash left for personal upgrades.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    *renzo_d10
    I don't know much about cars but I see your posts really make sense and very informative.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Thank you sir.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    ^ You're welcome sir. Bago lang sa forum and learning a lot from the threads.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    save yourself from headache...bakit hindi mo na lang ipang-down yung 100k mo to get a bnew car?

Honda civic? For a 1st time owner of a 2nd hand car