New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    hello po mga sir.. i am planning to buy a city type z.. balak ko na kasi palitan eg hatch ko ng 4door at city napupusuan ko.may ek na kasi si utol eh kaya di ko type bumili nun..pa educate naman po kung anu ano ba mga variants na lumabas nito at anu kaya FC nila..kung tama ako lxi, exi at vti sila. saka ano ba sirain sa kanila. tia

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dendedon View Post
    hello po mga sir.. i am planning to buy a city type z.. balak ko na kasi palitan eg hatch ko ng 4door at city napupusuan ko.may ek na kasi si utol eh kaya di ko type bumili nun..pa educate naman po kung anu ano ba mga variants na lumabas nito at anu kaya FC nila..kung tama ako lxi, exi at vti sila. saka ano ba sirain sa kanila. tia
    I have a 1500 VTI City 2000 model. Had this car since 2000 and so far ang nasira lang eh ung radiator. Very reliable car. My FC up to this date for city driving is still around 12 km per liter.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If memory serves medyo matigas yung clutch pedal ng manual but that's about it. Wala akong naging problema when I still had it.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dendedon View Post
    I dont know if there was an exi model for the type z, i believe the vti replaced that one. And also, there's a gl variant.

I have a 2000 lxi. First thing that I replaced were the front shocks, ball joints, tie rods and steering boots. There a slight 'kalampag', turns out that the shocks were already due for replacement after 9 years of service. Biut since I also bought the ball joints, tie rods and steering boots together with the shocks, might as well replace them right away. Next was the oil pan gasket since there's 'pawis' already. And then the valve cover gasket due to 'pawis again'. Also replaced the upper radiator cover to a copper one and the radiator fan motor.

Overall, i'm happy with the car. Only after 9 years of daily use did the 'sakit' came out. I'm still getting 11-12 km/l city driving and 15-16 km/l highway driving. religously changed oil every 5k and aircon cleaning every 1.5 years.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I owned a 2000 exi model before. a few months before it was replaced by the vti. Had it for 7 years and ran about 170k kms. Usually long drive siya from fairview to laguna(hence the high mileage). Fuel consumption is about 10-12 km/l. Although medyo mataas mileage, the car never broke down on us. Besides the replaceable parts like brake pads, suspension parts, oil, etc, ung radiator lang ang pinarepair ko sa oto. Very reliable car.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I owned a Vti variant of this, very reliable only complaint was the leg room space, drove it to Baguio no problems whatsoever.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by swankydewd View Post
    And also, there's a gl variant.
    Sir can you describe the GL variant please?

I asked SX8 groups sa Facebook pero mukhang hindi nila ito kilala. I need confirmation coz I got one.

1300 steering wheel. Black door handles. Four-spoke steering wheel. Power steering and windows, but not the locks.

Kaso merong bumper mouldings parang sa EK 96-98.

honda city type z,planning to buy..