New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    it would definitely turn out that idsi will have the advantage, hence more expensive. the better question is what is your intention for buying the car. if its a daily commute form home-office-home, the type z can do the job perfectly. in my opinion, it gives a much better ride.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The Honda City iDSI is a good car but with less power. The variant Honda City VTEC does both power and fuel economy.

Check this older review from the Temple of VTEC Asia.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/newre...te=1&p=1213417

and to quote...

"Now in the absolute term, the 110ps of the City VTEC's L15A engine may not be a fantastic level of power output. But then, it is also important to have a sense of perspective. For the market segment at which the City i-DSI and City VTEC is targetted at, 110ps in relative terms is really very high power. The 1.5l DOHC VVT-i Toyota Vios with 109ps used to dominate this segment for max power but this new City VTEC is now right at the top of all cars available in the segment. In relation to the original City i-DSI, one needs to bear in mind that 110ps represents a 22ps increase and that is a massive 25% power increase ! So for the general choices available in this market segment, for e.g. the owners of the original City i-DSI who have been 'making do' with 'only' 88ps, 110ps is really a lot of power."

With a fully loaded car - uphill, flyover and making quick overtakes (but not recommended...not safe) is far better with higher ps. But general city driving with a few passengers ---- an iDSI car will do.

If you want to go with a CVT based City, better go with the VTEC variant.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    kaya po ba ng honda city IDSI umakyat ng baguio with 4 people inside?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12