New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    If i had the money, i'd buy both. Both are great rides. I have a 1.3S GM City A/T and my uncle has the Fiesta Trend Sedan 1.4 M/T. I've seen both cars and they're both great. Uncle ko pala si *vivafoxpro sa kabilang thread and he owns a Fiesta Trend. hehehe I'm sure you guys encountered him in some of the threads here.

It's just a matter of taste and preference.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by airolynx View Post
    If i had the money, i'd buy both. Both are great rides. I have a 1.3S GM City A/T and my uncle has the Fiesta Trend Sedan 1.4 M/T. I've seen both cars and they're both great. Uncle ko pala si *vivafoxpro sa kabilang thread and he owns a Fiesta Trend. hehehe I'm sure you guys encountered him in some of the threads here.

It's just a matter of taste and preference.
    And I assume you are also great in DIY!

Idol ko uncle mo, grabe lakas ng loob! Pero he really knows what he is doing!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    And I assume you are also great in DIY!

Idol ko uncle mo, grabe lakas ng loob! Pero he really knows what he is doing!
    Tinuruan din nya ako mag DIY on other things like computers. Sa cars, papaturo pa lang ako. Parang marami din pwede i DIY sa GM city. hahahaha!

Hehehe yan si uncle *vivafoxpro magaling talaga mag DIY. even with his previous cars, grabe idol namin lahat. Nakita ko na yung mga mods nya sa Fiesta nya ang gaganda. heheh Sorry po OT.

Even if I own a GM city, i'd say maganda talaga yung fiesta. Good job Ford for bringing this car to the Phils.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Question ko lang po, I know ford and mazda are related but is it safe to say that a lot of mazda cars would have the same weaknesses/strengths as ford cars? Just asking since I have owned a 2005 Mazda 6 and was not too happy with it. If the ford fiesta is anything like the mazda 6 I would most definitely go for the city/jazz. I know it may sound like I'm comparing apples to durian but hear me out. I also had a '95 accord that I had driven for around 100k Miles not Km. During it's lifetime my accord drove like a beauty talaga. The only thing I did to it was the routine maintenance as well as the obvious repairs (belts, brakes, tires etc). By the way I purchased it 2nd hand with 15k miles on it na. After I sold it I bought a mazda 6(brand new). I bought it cause it was ***y looking ( just like how I think the fiesta is ***y) and for its price it had decent amenities. To make a long story short after only driving it for 1000 miles I notices a few things that I didn't really have on my accord. When I shifted from 1st to 2nd gear(AT) it would feel like the car would buck. I had brought it to mazda but they never figured out what it was. I also heard like a metallic rattling (maybe a heat shield) whenever I was at a full stop and the brake pressed down. I don't know it;s just these little quirks that I had experienced on my mazda (affiliated with ford) why I vowed I would never buy 1 again. Before I bought my mazda 6 I thought of the rx-7 and miata so I was pretty confident about the pedigree. By all means fellow tsikoteers correct me if I'm wrong by associating the fiesta with my bad experience with mazda. Though I have driven mustangs and iba talaga feel sa aking compared to a honda.
    Despite these experiences though I'm totally in love with the fiesta... It's like my mazda 6(5 door) vs the camry or accord that was out at the time, ganda ng design. It's just that I can't be sure it will be as solid (steering, suspension, transmission, engine etc etc) after using it for 1 year... what more 10 years. 2 cents ko lang mga sir, honda has never let me down and I guess that's why they can afford to charge such a premium for a subcompact car...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^^your mazda6 was probably a lemon unit sir. I don't think you're going to experience the same kind of problems you had with another mazda or a ford.

AFAIK, no major problems with the ASEAN fiesta, sir Balisong

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    ^^your mazda6 was probably a lemon unit sir. I don't think you're going to experience the same kind of problems you had with another mazda or a ford.

AFAIK, no major problems with the ASEAN fiesta, sir Balisong
    Sir scharnhorst. Sana nga lemon lang ang na kuha ko. The more solid choices there are in the market the better it is for us consumers!

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hi. Im a newbie here. I just made my account last night just to ask for your help guys. I still don't know what to buy. Honda city or Ford Fiesta?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    ^
    try to test drive both vehicles.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    my advice... find out which one do you think appeals to you most. then request for a test drive. if you find the vehicle performance,
    ride and comfort to your expectations, then decide on the vehicle. If you plan to test drive all makes and brands on a certain class, you will end up undecided or end up with a choice that you may later regret.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BenSherman View Post
    Hi. Im a newbie here. I just made my account last night just to ask for your help guys. I still don't know what to buy. Honda city or Ford Fiesta?
    Hello :newbie:

Set your preferences first. Personally, between the two I'd take the Fiesta. I'm single. Most of the time I'm alone & I won't be needing the trunk. However, if your case is different than mine, get the City. Having a trunk would be really a plus. Interior plastics are close to great and exterior styling is commendable. However, what's pissing me off is what Honda is keeping, their prestige , that most of the time results to lack of discounts & additional freebies.

Also, follow what others suggested. Schedule a test drive. Feel the car. & then decide.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
honda city or ford fiesta??