The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    fiesta pa rin

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Just drove the Ford Fiesta (practically all variants).

One thing I noticed is the 1.6L A/T is sluggish getting up from either a dead stop or a low speed.

That makes the 1.4L quicker in city driving.
    Same here sir ghosthunter, ......was so hyped up with the fiesta due to its powershift (dual clutch) transmission (same as my former ride-a focus 2.0 a/t tdci 2010 powershift) until I drove tested the Sport 1.6 A/T......I also observed that the tachometer kept on at 3k without much acceleration or increase in speed...... For almost the same price or a little bit more, I would still go for the City 1.5 A/T. The City is roomier, perkier and more confident to drive specially when you need power to overtake.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    this was my dilemma before....i was supposed to get the City 1.5E when Fiesta came along....so I made a comparison of both 1.5 city and fiesta 1.6 sedan...listing their pros and cons
    in pricing fiesta is the winner...Fiesta 766K vs. City 821K (55k difference),
    in engine fiesta is the winner...Fiesta 121ps/151kg vs.City 120ps/148kg
    in transmission fiesta is the winner for me...Fiesta 6speed dual clutch transmission vs City 5speed conventional AT but with paddle shifters

there are things that City has that the fiesta doesn't have like
    .................solid rear disc brakes
    .................front fog lights
    .................paddle shifters
    .................passenger airbag (fiesta driver only airbag)
    .................trip computer
    .................aircon filter
    .................higher resale value maybe.....

while there are things the fiesta has that city doesn't have like
    .................electronic stability program
    .................hill hold and hill launch assist
    .................bigger tires....Fiesta 185/55 r15 vs. City 175/65 r15

while there are things they have in common like
    .................electric power steering
    .................abs/ebd
    .................Fiesta ti-vct vs City ivtec
    .................both 10k preventive maintenance schedule
    .................I think both have the same fuel mileage because the city has a 1.5 engine but fitted with conventional AT while the fiesta has 1.6 engine fitted with dual clutch transmission...

I chose the fiesta because....
    1. great ride,handling and nvh....as per my research on internet reviews..and confirmed by me and other fiesta owners...
    2. get to save 55k in cash payment....to buy fog lights perhaps....or save
    3. electronic stability program which is only available on civic 2.0 and high end cars
    4. a 9.3 second 0-100 kmh accelaration which is better than a civic....
    5. a 6 speed dual clutch transmission available only in top of the line focus and high end cars like porsche
    6. newer model that may last 5 years before model change....there might be facelift anytime with the current city because its already 2 yrs old...id hate it if i get to buy the pre facelifted version hehe

the advantages of the City as I mentioned above was not enough for me. I bought the fiesta....and I never regret it....
    I am now a proud owner of a Ford Fiesta for exactly a month.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    .................solid rear disc brakes - not really an issue.
    .................front fog lights - nice, but not a deal-breaker.
    .................paddle shifters - good advantage, I feel the Honda's system is very responsive.
    .................passenger airbag (fiesta driver only airbag) - not a big issue. Especially since they're not good for shorter passengers.
    .................trip computer - The Fiesta has a trip computer.
    .................aircon filter - ? Don't all cars?
    .................higher resale value maybe..... Likely. Likely to remain that way still for a while.

while there are things the fiesta has that city doesn't have like
    .................electronic stability program - Not a deal-breaker on a subcompact with little power.
    .................hill hold and hill launch assist - they're nice
    .................bigger tires....Fiesta 185/55 r15 vs. City 175/65 r15 - Makes it drive better.

I chose the fiesta because....
    4. a 9.3 second 0-100 kmh accelaration which is better than a civic....

-Remains to be seen. Will let you guys know next week.

Quote Originally Posted by mreyes View Post
    the gas lid of a city can be locked and protected from evil doers...

the gas lid of the fiesta can be opened with just one click...
    As tidus says... you can't simply pry open the gas tank with the lid open. And even if you can fabricate a tool that will be exactly the right shape and size to open the inner cap, the Fiesta has an anti-siphon system, so you can't steal gas from it. You can more easily steal gas from a Honda City, since the lid lock is a simple one and the gas cap doesn't lock.

Quote Originally Posted by wongski View Post
    Sir Niky, compared to the City and Jazz, mas matagtag ba ang Fiesta S? It was one of the cons on the Jazz that is making me go for the Fiesta e.
    The Fiesta has better shocks. Haven't driven them back-to-back, so I can't really say much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by wongski View Post
    how "bad" is the Fiesta's plastics?

TIA.
    Not as good as the Jazz, better than the Vios.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    There is a button and a light will indicate it is ON. Its located in the gear lever... You have to manually turn it off though by pressing the button again...
    Will have to try that next week at the track.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ESC or ESP (Electronic Stability Program or Control) whatever you wanna call it is a REQUIRED SAFETY FEATURE for all 2012 model year cars sold in the US and going forward. 2011 is the last year they will allow cars with no ESC... Mandated yan by the NHTSA... Sa Pilipinas alam mo naman walang safety safety its good the Fiesta has it...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As for the acceleration. I think its possible that its faster than the civic 0 to 100 but I really didn't like how the fiesta accelerates (1.6AT). Unlike the civic where I know that the car will give me power when I step on the gas tp zip through lanes and most specially in overtaking, the fiesta is a bit unpredictable. Sometimes it gives power, sometimes it doesn't, and I don't know why. Maybe it takes some getting used to.....

I've driven an automatic yaris 1.5 and I feel that its easier to drive than the fiesta and roomier too.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    As for the acceleration. I think its possible that its faster than the civic 0 to 100 but I really didn't like how the fiesta accelerates (1.6AT). Unlike the civic where I know that the car will give me power when I step on the gas tp zip through lanes and most specially in overtaking, the fiesta is a bit unpredictable. Sometimes it gives power, sometimes it doesn't, and I don't know why. Maybe it takes some getting used to.....

I've driven an automatic yaris 1.5 and I feel that its easier to drive than the fiesta and roomier too.
    The Yaris has punchier down-low performance, but at higher speeds, the Fiesta shines. I think tidus' hill-control suggestion has merit... it seems to lock it into gear better, so it won't upshift all the way to 6th gear while you're cruising... making overtakes easier.

0-100, though... no way can the 1.6 DCT accelerate even nearly as quick as the Civic 1.8. From what I've seen, it's possible it might do 100 km/h in the mid 11's... similar to the Focus 1.8. The Honda Civic 1.8 5AT already does 100 km/h as quickly as a manual Mazda2 1.5... and from Car and Driver's reports, the Mazda2 1.5 MT is faster than the Fiesta 1.6 MT!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    went with the city 1.5e automatic.

got it last december 23, 2010.

i have no regrets choosing it over the ford fiesta.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by quick View Post
    went with the city 1.5e automatic.

got it last december 23, 2010.

i have no regrets choosing it over the ford fiesta.
    congrats sir...pictures naman

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    good choice!!!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
honda city or ford fiesta??