New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    2010 City huh, curious, does the engine malfunction lamp turn on?

Could it be that the accelerator pedal sensor or the electronic throttle controller got fried? that's why it's always on idle.

keep us posted sir. I also have a 2009 City.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    electronic throttle na ba yan engine mo or manual throttle pa?? yung TPS try mo disconnect then observe

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    electronic throttle na ba yan engine mo or manual throttle pa?? yung TPS try mo disconnect then observe
    Yung model ng City nya sir electronic throttle na. No more throttle cable.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Yup electronic na po.
    The car got flood sa Sendong.
    How much would it cost , TPS, in Manila. I can ask my brother to buy it for me. Would you know guys know any shop where i can secure one.
    Thanks for all the reply by the way.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by puretuts View Post
    Yup electronic na po.
    The car got flood sa Sendong.
    How much would it cost , TPS, in Manila. I can ask my brother to buy it for me. Would you know guys know any shop where i can secure one.
    Thanks for all the reply by the way.
    Sir I think best have it diagnosed first before you buy a TPS. A car going into limp mode (like in your case) can be caused by alot of factors.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    assuming na working fine 100% ang ECU mo.. if you want to narrow your troubleshooting na nasa throttle body parts ang problem kelangan mo masigurado muna na hindi sira yong temperature sensor. now, merong 2 types of temp sensor either a temperature switch or a PT100 di ko alam kung ano nakakabit sa auto mo. pakiverify na tuyo ang terminals. Or it might be the accelerator pedal sensor na magsesend ng signal na gusto mo magaccelerate. Again assuming na 100% fine ang ECU mo.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    your car's controls is that of throttle by wire. there are two throttle sensors (TPS). one at 5 volts signal and the other at 0 volts at idle. they are opposites when it comes to signal output. each of the sensor have three wires 1. sensor ground, 2. reference voltage of 5 volts, 3. signal voltage that varies with throttle opening. the sensors are sealed and supposedly air and water tight. the connectors are weatherpack but sometimes water gets in and cause corrosion. with the ignition switch off, disconnect the sensor connectors and verify that they are dry and free of corrosion.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    matic or manual... or when in idle, you press the accelerator, then nothing happens?? it just stays on idle?? if that is the case i assume your engine is on limp mode to protect it from further damage.. just in my case when my F6A engine overheated, the engine is running on idle, but when you press the accelerator, it won't increase in RPM since the engine ECU detected too high engine temperature and went on limp mode to protect it from further damage

Guys, this is happening to me right now. I'm driving a Lancer MX 2003 matic. I press the accelerator and nothing happens even when your in P,R,N, or D. I brought to a car shop in Don Antonio QC for scanning and then the mechanic told me that there is "LINE PRESSURE SYSTEM FAILURE" HE said that I have transmission problem that I need to change my whole transmission.

Is this right? TIA

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut View Post
    Guys, this is happening to me right now. I'm driving a Lancer MX 2003 matic. I press the accelerator and nothing happens even when your in P,R,N, or D. I brought to a car shop in Don Antonio QC for scanning and then the mechanic told me that there is "LINE PRESSURE SYSTEM FAILURE" HE said that I have transmission problem that I need to change my whole transmission.

Is this right? TIA
    how often do you change the transmission fluid? every 2years?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    how often do you change the transmission fluid? every 2years?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Kakapalit ko lang last boss last month. Every 40,000 ako nagpapalit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Honda City - engine starts but wont accelerate