New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I also have the same problem... may rattling sound sa may dashboard area. I asked the service supervisor about this during the 1,000 km checkup in Honda Manila and sabi niya that they have encountered similar problems with other Cities. It will take 2-3 days daw kasi sa insulationa daw yung problema so sabi ko next time na lang. But until now, di ko pa pinapagawa. Tinatamad ako na dalhin tsaka ok lang naman sa akin yung rattling sound, nasanay na ako tsaka minsan naman wala yung rattling sound.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hmmmm....for my next car,aalisin ko na yun honda sa list ng brands na pagiisipan ko.

by the way, isnt the blistering of the paint a problem too in the jazz? where in volcanic ash got mixed up with the primer/paint?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by practical View Post
    Hi everyone,

I just got a 2006 Honda City 1.3 CVT. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the car. Mileage is around 12km per liter using Shell Super Unleaded. I don't go out of town so the figure is purely city driving. I really like the CVT transmission as it is very smooth. Torque for a 1.3 liter car is surprisingly good. Interior space is very good compared to Vios.

Now for the bad news. The dashboard keeps on vibrating - giving off this rattling sound that is driving me nuts. Honda Casa took the car for 4 days to fix the problem - they pulled down the dashboard but couldn't find the source of the rattling sound so they just placed added insulation.

After getting the car back - for the first 2 days no rattling sound. But on the 3rd day, the rattling sound is back.

Have other Honda City owners experienced this? What did you do about it? Can this be solved?

Thanks for your comments.
    same problem with CLAVEL thats why he is selling his City... But mine doesnt have any problems like this one... its been a year but i dont hear any problems with the dashboard... so i guess im lucky (just like what mon told me)

by the way... i got the mT so probably hindi apektado

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz View Post
    hmmmm....for my next car,aalisin ko na yun honda sa list ng brands na pagiisipan ko.

by the way, isnt the blistering of the paint a problem too in the jazz? where in volcanic ash got mixed up with the primer/paint?
    can anyone confirm this? and may nabalita na rin bang lemon na jazz?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    can anyone confirm this? and may nabalita na rin bang lemon na jazz?
    So far okay pa naman ang aming Jazz. It's still a CVT-pleasure to drive.

I share the same opinion with a couple of our friends who own the same model/config.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Honda City