New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Tanong lang po..

I am a newbie driver and planning to buy a brand new Honda City 1.3S MT as a gift for my 30th Bday! :bdayparty:... Im getting a Habanero Red. Just want to know your comments about the cars' pros and cons? Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by engrllagas View Post
    Tanong lang po..

I am a newbie driver and planning to buy a brand new Honda City 1.3S MT as a gift for my 30th Bday! :bdayparty:... Im getting a Habanero Red. Just want to know your comments about the cars' pros and cons? Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

Happy Birthday to you!
    If you have extra budget...go for the 1.5 MT na and read the threads about the City 2010...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    No 1.5MTs.

Pros: The pros are generally obvious. Airbags, ABS/EBD/BA. Subjectively (and almost objectively) better looking than the vios. Big trunk.

Cons: 2 rear drums might affect braking performance, 1.3 engine is still 1.3 engine, it's a small car no matter how well it utilizes its space. All the cons expected. Almost same price as 1.5L mazda2.

If you aren't going to haul lots of stuff in it, and you just use it for city driving then it'll be a great overall car.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Sir I suggest na 1.5e na kunin mo.. better interior, some extra feature exteriorly, more powerful than 1.3 of course, good for travelling lalo na pag malayuan kasi mas matipid sa gas pag mas malaki makina para hindi hirap kung gusto mo mabilis ang takbo. Pero kung exterior ang titignan parehas lang and kung city driving 1.3 pwede na.. lagyan mo nlng accesories and side mirror lights lang hindi mo makukuha..

yung shifter to 1.5e variants, hindi din mashado nagagamit kasi hindi naman kumakarera.. chaka may lag ang shifter ng 1.5 ng mga 1.5 sec bago sumibat, siguro sa computer box.. parehas lang naman pag walang shifter.. yun nga lang kung mejo sporty drive ka, maganda meron shifter ^_^ minsan shempre kelangan din mejo mabilis acceleration (eating a lot of feul). hope it helps you sir..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I just got my 1.3S M/T habanero red last June 26... so far so good... i almost ended up getting the black one but my youngest son really wants red, so red it is. And based on some research about black's disadvantages like hindi sya masyado noticeable pag night and sa parking area. And my habanero red already got a lot of compliments from friends and family. Good thing i followed my son's suggestion.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    No 1.5MTs.

Pros: The pros are generally obvious. Airbags, ABS/EBD/BA. Subjectively (and almost objectively) better looking than the vios. Big trunk.

Cons: 2 rear drums might affect braking performance, 1.3 engine is still 1.3 engine, it's a small car no matter how well it utilizes its space. All the cons expected. Almost same price as 1.5L mazda2.

If you aren't going to haul lots of stuff in it, and you just use it for city driving then it'll be a great overall car.
    i have not seen 1.5 MT in websites... and still deciding between Cruze MT and City MT... can anyone give a little more insight... ayoko na talaga magkamali... lalo na sa service pag post-sales na...

also, there are 2 dealers i'm trying to weigh... Honda Kalookan and Honda Q.Ave... alin kaya ang mas okay makipagdeal... syempre hanap ko pre-sales yung benefits (freebies, discount, processing, etc), then post-sales naman yung customer service, parts and service, yung trabaho sa casa, etc...

tips naman from anyone, pls...

thank you po...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hi guys, newbie here... just got my 1.5 city E polished metal last month and so far so good in terms of performance... I am browsing the net for the possible accessories for 2010 honda city but with no luck... I want to make my car look a little sporty, maybe some of you can help...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    sir.. join kayo sa http://www.hondacityclubph.com/forums/index.php halos andyan ung mga sagot sa mga tanong nyo..

Honda City 2010