New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hello po guys,

Can anyone recommend where or how to fix a faulty odometer? after buying a second hand honda city 2007 1.3 manual car last year... the first few months feels ok... fuel consumption range from 10-14km/l mixed city and highway.

unfortunately after just a few months... i felt the odometer is registering distances with an approx increase of 10-20%? e.g. The reading from a normal 5km route would register as 6-7 km already... what can i do to fix it? can it be fixed? heard in the US that Honda was sued due to this problem...

Thanks for all the help!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Did you change your tires/rims?

If not, pacheck nyo sa casa if you want to be sure.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    i think i made the tires inflate to 30psi instead of the recommended 27psi? hahaha... but if the odometer should register more than 10-20% of its actual mileage... its kinda ridicolous dont you think? :p and also it seems instead of getting better mileage from the "over inflated" tires... i seem to get lower mileage? ;p anyways.. thanks for the feedback

just worrying how much would it cost to have it checked at the casa... saan casa kaya ang maganda dalhin? which is better, quezon avenue or kalookan?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    27psi is too low IMO. recommended is 30/32 i think pero i usually have my tires at 34psi. and btw we have the same car. ;)

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    thanks patrick! ilan po fuel consumption ng car nyo?

Honda City 2006 faulty odometer?