New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by n5110 View Post
    went to their shop this morning para ma evaluate yung kotse ko, emulator system ang fit for my ride. tanong ko lang kung bakit kailangan palitan yung spark plug ng resistor type, new air filter and fully synthetic oil as Bigmikes recommendation , hinde ko lang naintindihan maige yung explanation niya kasi mukang busy talaga sya. i think it has something to do with performance. kayo ba nagpalit din?
    I think I was somewhat responsible.

Anyway, I think he is just making sure you do your tune up before having the LPG system installed. Also the type of auto-lpg system you will be using works best with a fresh/new air filter (and remember to keep it clean regularly). A dirty filter will cause the air-fuel ratio to get screwed up.

Reason is our City overheated (not lpg related) and started to run roughly on LPG after but it would run almost normally on gasoline. After days of trying to diagnose the problem, it was fixed simply by replacing all the sparkplugs. It was a problem which could have been avoided if it had it's proper tune up.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi GH,
    thanks for this useful infos. i guess mas maganda pala palit lahat air filter, new spark plug ( resistor type) para hinde magka problema pag kasa ng lpg kit. did you also replaced it with resistor plugs as what BIGmike have advice me? thanks.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by n5110 View Post
    Hi GH,
    thanks for this useful infos. i guess mas maganda pala palit lahat air filter, new spark plug ( resistor type) para hinde magka problema pag kasa ng lpg kit. did you also replaced it with resistor plugs as what BIGmike have advice me? thanks.
    I just had the City's sparkplugs replaced with the same factory spec sparkplugs. Not sure if they were resistor type or what though.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ok salamat, will keep you posted for developments.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sir GH question po, up to you if you'd like to answer this or not, just curious what made you choose GreenFuel, share naman.

On the plus side, I like how the Fuel Filler was discreetly installed, is this compatible to most refilling stations.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tanoshi View Post
    Sir GH question po, up to you if you'd like to answer this or not, just curious what made you choose GreenFuel, share naman.
    I have checked out other auto-lpg installers (although not all) and listened to whoever was in-charge of the shop/garage (I still do). I also checked out some samples of their work, current or finished in terms of fitting, wiring, quality of bracketing, etc. Typically I just walk in and do an inquiry without telling them I am from tsikot.com etc.

I also take note of the kits they have, options for those kits (tanks,etc) and the prices they charge.

I just keep my flapping trap shut long enough and listened closely to filter through the PR B.S. from the real data.

Then weigh which one "feels" better over the other. Kit prices is only one part of the whole picture.

On the plus side, I like how the Fuel Filler was discreetly installed, is this compatible to most refilling stations.
    The one being sold with the GREENFUEL kits are compatible with all auto-lpg refueling stations. The korean style (NAIADSS) like what I have on my Corolla requires an adapter. I might have it changed to the "standard" soon to ease refueling hassles and also speed up refueling as well.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 10th, 2008 at 06:29 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    anong model 'yang city mo, gh? under warranty pa ba?. . .i've been to 2 (yet) honda cars dealerships and was told at each shop that the warranty would be voided if i bought one and installed an lpg kit in it. . .

sa toyota ortigas ganun din ang sinabi about the vios, although dun daw sa entry level ng avanza, which they are promoting for taxi use, e meron na raw naka-abang for lpg kit installation. . .

sigh, when will they ever wake up? . . .

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    GH, im considering a convertion on my Civic SiR, what kit is recommended? thanks for your input.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bit_Tiff View Post
    GH, im considering a convertion on my Civic SiR, what kit is recommended? thanks for your input.
    Is the SiR equipped with an O2 sensor?... if yes, SGI would be the better option although the venturi-mixer kit would also run fine with the B16a engine.

The SGI-LPG auto-lpg kit would retain more of the B16a's original power.

The venturi-mixer kit would result in some increased vacuum pressure in the intake manifold. Although not dyno verified but I assume any increase in vacuum pressure at the intake manifold would result in decrease in engine performance.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 1st, 2008 at 11:00 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    thanks for the reply Gh, there is none, but we put an 02 sensor when it was tuned after rechipping, 02 sensor was pulled out after the tuning. Should i get an 02 sensor first? The SGI-LPG auto-lpg kit is what im considering.
    Last edited by 1bit_Tiff; August 1st, 2008 at 05:23 PM. Reason: additional text

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast