New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hi,

I recently have a tuneup sa car care center petron dito alabang, and they told me na dapat palitan na yun break pads sa front. medyo manipis na nga sya, but when i asked for the price 5k - 6k ata yun nasabi nila kasi original, and yun replacement siguro less than 2k. sabi ko wag muna, balik na lang ako next week para dun. ask ko lang sana kung ganun ba talaga ang price nun? also anu ba maganda brand ng break pads for civic08 AT? and san?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    cor,

check mo muna kung ano ang original na oem na brake pads. My guess it is made by nissis for honda, so may tatak yan na honda and also tatak na nissin. If that is the case bumili ka nalang sa Car Power sa lrt taft near edsa ng nissin brand, it is 100% the same as the original but about 40% cheaper

Happy motoring

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    It's spelled BRAKE not BREAK

And yes Honda's BRAKE pads, made by Nissin, usually cost about PhP3000 for a pair. There are cheaper pads but the Nissin items are actually very good for what they are.

The worst you can do is buy R-Spec or Rico BRAKE pads...avoid those. Mura nga pero ang hina ng kapit. Bendix has far better BRAKE pads if you're on a budget.

I suggest you DO NOT cut costs on your BRAKE pads as your life can literally depend on them

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Sorry. Brake pads pala... hehehehe

thank you for your reply, earlier i decided to bring my car to casa to replace its pads, 4k+(front), 3k+(rear). mas mura sya compared sa petron care center(6k+ front 3k+rear). kaso nawala un middle carpet mat ko sa likod. hindi ko nacheck pagalis ko dun. tawagan ko na lang sila bukas.

yup, i agree dont cost cut sa brakes. kaya original lagi hanap ko, kaso canvas muna pinakamurang original hehehehe kahit na credit card ang gamit, tipid pa din.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by corleone1218 View Post
    Sorry. Brake pads pala... hehehehe

thank you for your reply, earlier i decided to bring my car to casa to replace its pads, 4k+(front), 3k+(rear). mas mura sya compared sa petron care center(6k+ front 3k+rear). kaso nawala un middle carpet mat ko sa likod. hindi ko nacheck pagalis ko dun. tawagan ko na lang sila bukas.

yup, i agree dont cost cut sa brakes. kaya original lagi hanap ko, kaso canvas muna pinakamurang original hehehehe kahit na credit card ang gamit, tipid pa din.
    That said, if you find the Honda-Nissin OE brake pads a little too expensive, there are alternatives. Tanabe brake pads are well-recommended and cost just about the same price as the Honda-Nissin items. They used to be sold in red but now they're orange.

As I said Bendix also has good pads: their General CT line is OE-quality but affordable, and their Metal Kings pads have good speed retardation (but can tend to eat brake rotors and emit lots of dust). The Metal Kings are about PhP1800 or so for the fronts.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by marvel67 View Post
    cor,

check mo muna kung ano ang original na oem na brake pads. My guess it is made by nissis for honda, so may tatak yan na honda and also tatak na nissin. If that is the case bumili ka nalang sa Car Power sa lrt taft near edsa ng nissin brand, it is 100% the same as the original but about 40% cheaper

Happy motoring

Hi...would you happen to have the phone# of Car Power?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    That said, if you find the Honda-Nissin OE brake pads a little too expensive, there are alternatives. Tanabe brake pads are well-recommended and cost just about the same price as the Honda-Nissin items. They used to be sold in red but now they're orange.

As I said Bendix also has good pads: their General CT line is OE-quality but affordable, and their Metal Kings pads have good speed retardation (but can tend to eat brake rotors and emit lots of dust). The Metal Kings are about PhP1800 or so for the fronts.
    how would you know if the nissin brake pad is genuine or fake?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    img_1483.jpg
    Went to honda to have my brake checked as I feel it was a bit spongy. They said it was normal and brake fluid was still good. Decided to do a DIY brake flush and look at the fluid that came out as compared to the new one in the reservoir. Brakes are now firm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    ilang kms tinakbo ng lumang brake fluid mo paps?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Ideally irregardless of how many km the car was used, we should replace brake fluids every 2-3years, kase the brake fluids are hygroscopic meaning it naturally absorb water in our humid environment. So to avoid accelerated corrosion in your brake system and full sure pressure handling maganda mareplace sya..Ako I do mine every 3years max mura lang naman Prestone 1l sa suking automotive shop 230-250 pesos pede pa DIY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda Brake Pads