New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ieddam View Post
    All mentioned are decent choices pero bakit kasama vitara 5 seater din lang yun.
    Isa din kasi sa nagustuhan ko kay vitara halos lahat ng feature nasa kanya na wala sa dalawa. Yung pagiging 7 seater lng ang wala. And sa datingan medyo panalo din sya sa pagiging suv-ish nya

Sent from my Alcatel_7049D using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Sharing my BRV battery experience:

Noticed that radio clock and date keeps resetting to 12:00am Jan 1 for several days in a row when starting the car (This started about a few weeks ago). Then came Saturday night at the mall.....car won't start anymore. No cranking. Battery has no power left to start the car although interior lights brightness still look normal.

Heeded advise from this BRV thread to be ready for battery emergency - got a powerbank battery jumper early this year so we were able to go home. The following day, car still won't start so used battery jumper again and went out to buy a new car battery.

Battery lasted 1 year and 3 months. 7400 kms.

HTH.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by garic View Post
    Looks nice from the sketches. I guess this is will be the direct competitor of Ecosport from Honda.

Honda BR-V - seven-seat budget SUV to debut soon
    looks like a sweet ride.. but why would they make it to fight again CR-V

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    what battery and size did you get??

I had mine replaced 1 day before mag expire ang 12 months warranty for the battery.. panasonic din ang pinalit nang casa.. this was 10 months ago.. so feeling ko after 1 year bibigay na din tong battery ko..

Quote Originally Posted by mikkoy_99 View Post
    Sharing my BRV battery experience:

Noticed that radio clock and date keeps resetting to 12:00am Jan 1 for several days in a row when starting the car (This started about a few weeks ago). Then came Saturday night at the mall.....car won't start anymore. No cranking. Battery has no power left to start the car although interior lights brightness still look normal.

Heeded advise from this BRV thread to be ready for battery emergency - got a powerbank battery jumper early this year so we were able to go home. The following day, car still won't start so used battery jumper again and went out to buy a new car battery.

Battery lasted 1 year and 3 months. 7400 kms.

HTH.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    what battery and size did you get??

I had mine replaced 1 day before mag expire ang 12 months warranty for the battery.. panasonic din ang pinalit nang casa.. this was 10 months ago.. so feeling ko after 1 year bibigay na din tong battery ko..
    NS40 - Amaron. 21 months warranty.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    is it cheaper than Motolite Gold?

Quote Originally Posted by mikkoy_99 View Post
    NS40 - Amaron. 21 months warranty.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    is it cheaper than Motolite Gold?
    Motolite Gold and Amaron Hi-Life (21 months) are priced about the same. Amaron just lasts longer, in my experience.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Updates on my BRV:

My batt got replaced after 1yr and 6mos (during PMS). I was informed na mahina na yung batt despite wala pa naman ako na experience na starting problem. Motolite nga pala ang pinalit.

Daily FC average is at 10.3km/l city driving.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jayarmabiya View Post
    Torn between the three honda brv navi cvt, mitsu expander and suzuki vitara!! Guys please help me to choose.

sir, makisingit lang - test drove the top-of-the-line br-v and xpander back-to-back on the same day:

xpander advantages - smoother ride and easier steering and handling, telescopic steering, height adjustable driver seat, definitely roomier (even the 3rd row), 3 power outlets (br-v only has 1 up front), better visibility all around, reverse cam (br-v has none as standard, mobilio only). more vents for the rear (though neither model comes with dedicated vents for the 3rd row). these are the only things significant to me since the wife will be driving it as her mom mobile.. disadvantage - more than double honda's maintenance cost kung casa-to-casa comparison(posted this on the xpander forum)

br-v advantages - leather seats, slightly better fuel economy, cheaper to service.. disadvantage - slightly stifffer (not rough, though) ride, slightly stiffer steering, cvt droning can be irritating if youre on a hurry (learn to use the paddle shifters instead coz it keeps "gear/ratio hunting"), eco mode kicks in too early ( I wish they could have made available a button to disable this like on their other models). you can kinda feel honda really cheaped-out on this, no offense. maka-honda po ako (since medyo gamay ko na maintenance sched) and was arguing to get this instead of the xpander which is what the wife wants.. until I test drove both...

they are priced similar now since the P70K increase in the xpander but the br-v is still a bit pricier. HTH
    Last edited by RiMsHoT; November 11th, 2018 at 12:16 PM. Reason: spell check

10. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jayarmabiya View Post
    Ok din sakin ang civic lalo yung turbo kaso nga 5 seater lng

pero yung 5-seat config nya, hindi siksik, kahit 4 sa likod.. heheh.. opinion lang po, based on ownership. I had high hopes for the br-v...