New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Aren't most of the painters at the "casas" contractual and hired from the outside anyway?

Lack of orientation and screening. But then again, how many painters are stupid or careless enough to smoke in a room full of paint fumes?... masama din ang ashes sa paint finish, AFAIK.

And another question is: is it time to review industry practices in painting? I guess we won't know for sure until after the investigation (I mean, the painter could have dropped the stub in a paint can or a bucket of thinner), but if it was a sudden explosion, which indicates an overabundance of paint fumes, doesn't that mean that there is inadequate ventilation... which poses a health hazard to the workers?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    sa amin bawal din magyosi painters... pero makukulit talaga... kaya everytime may magyosi sa construction site na pintor, tanggal that very same day...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseler View Post
    Ah... no wonder they are trying to keep it hush-hush. They are no better than the sidewalk talyer.

And while talking about this last night, I had a conversation with some guys, and one of them wondered, say if your car is caught in that fire, who pays for what? Does Honda replace your car with a new one? Or do they just claim its an 'act of God' and all that runaround thingy that big companies always do to people?
    I dont know about Honda. But at Toyota Bicutan Paranaque, when I had my vehicles serviced, they have these provisions written on the job order form. I dont recall the provisions exactly but it did say something like any damage while the vehicle is in the dealership's hands being serviced, are the responsibility of the vehicle owner. ie. it gets damaged while being road tested by the dealer's mechanic but the dealer is supposed free from any liabilities (at least as per their one-sided provision).

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I dont know about Honda. But at Toyota Bicutan Paranaque, when I had my vehicles serviced, they have these provisions written on the job order form. I dont recall the provisions exactly but it did say something like any damage while the vehicle is in the dealership's hands being serviced, are the responsibility of the vehicle owner. ie. it gets damaged while being road tested by the dealer's mechanic but the dealer is supposed free from any liabilities (at least as per their one-sided provision).
    Which holds no weight, supposedly, in court, as any contract which has you signing away your legal rights is automatically void. Of course, in this country, it'll depend on the judge's interpretation.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    force majur or something...pag nasunog ang car mo sa talyer either casa or tabi tabi lang hindi sagot ng shop car mo.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pag napatunayan na there was negligence on the part of the establishment nung nangyari, then they have to pay for damages. And any contract or waiver wherein you surrender your legal rights is patently illegal, and will have no bearing in court. Only a moronic judge will rule to the contrary.

Acts of God or 'force majeure" are instances wherein man has no control of, like earthquake or floods. Dapat bayaran yun ng casa.

Pero pag talyer lang sa tabi-tabi, at may nangyaring masama, ibang usapan na yun.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ganun?! hindi tlaga nila sagot? e d parang nag park ka sa parking space tapos nag issue ng ticket na hindi sila liable sa sasakyan mo pag may nangyari while in their premises? Pag sine service an oto mo sa casa at nasira, dapat sagot nila, hindi nman ata makatarungan ung sila gumalaw tapos pag nasira, wala silang kasalanan, bakit pa sila naging casa kung wala silang tiwala sa procedures nila?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They can't do that... as Galactus said, you can't waive your legal rights via contract, as any contract that forces you to do so is automatically illegal.

Fire caused by negligence on the part of the casa isn't force majeur. If it's external and just happens to hit the casa, it is.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    that's so unfair.

yung mazda commonwealth (before it totally became kia anyway) pays for damage they incur to the car while it's in their service. ganun nangyari sa familia GLXi namin, nagloloko na kasi yung brake master so dinala dun (sabay 20K pms ata or something), and the brakes failed sa incline nila going up to the service area. nadamage daw yung left fender and left lights pero they repaired it at no cost to us, covered daw ng insurance kasi nila.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Honda Balintawak Nasunog?