New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    hi guys,

i hope somebody can enlighten me with my problem.

My aircon is not functioning properly lately. The panel on the dashboard where you can find the mode, recirculation, a/c and demister button is blinking when you insert the keys on the ignition. once you start the engine and open the aircon, only the blower is functioning. i need to press several times the buttons on the panel and eventually it will steadily light up and that is the time cool air (w/ freon) is given.

i have noticed that the panel lights become steady once i turn the engine off and on again. the blinking episode on the panel happens (on the initial start of engine) when the car is parked for a certain time.

ano kaya possible.. help needed.. car is alreay 15yrs old but other than this minor (i hope) issue, engine performance is still A+

mga masters and guru, appreciate your inputs so i know where to start checking

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Check the fuses for your dashboard and the dashboard wiring for your aircon. You might have a burnt fuse or loose wiring. At least, you still have a good compressor that circulates air properly thru the aircon system. I replaced my Accord's (same 6th gen VTi-L model as yours but year 2001) compressor last year.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    sir thanks for your reply. compressor is working fine... (Thank God). ill do as you suggest.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    sir.. if you dont mind me asking.. how much did it cost you to change compressor?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by seamaster_88 View Post
    sir.. if you dont mind me asking.. how much did it cost you to change compressor?
    Medyo malaki, sir. The Denso compressor for the 6th gen Accord is around 12k, not to mention the other parts (drier, expansion valve, etc.) that had to be replaced plus labor cost of flushing/cleaning out the aircon system. It was good enough for me that the evaporator is still good or it would have costed me another 5k to replace it. My total bill was around 18k.