New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    guys every 10,000 ba change oil ng accord?

kasi sa baba ng usage ko in mileage terms, i opted to use time as my reference. I followed their recommendation of every 6 mos.

Now, medyo expensive to kasi around 5 k per change oil... i plan to switch to every x kms. Now what is x ba? Thanks guys ha. Alam ko lang kasi normal cars every 5kms.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I used to own an 05 Accord, I did my oil change every 3 months or 3000 mi.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by federal View Post
    guys every 10,000 ba change oil ng accord?

kasi sa baba ng usage ko in mileage terms, i opted to use time as my reference. I followed their recommendation of every 6 mos.

Now, medyo expensive to kasi around 5 k per change oil... i plan to switch to every x kms. Now what is x ba? Thanks guys ha. Alam ko lang kasi normal cars every 5kms.
    Please check your user's manual to be sure. I think for newer cars nowadays (at least for my Camry and our Altis) the recommended interval is 10,000 kms/6 months whichever comes first. But there is an additional scenario that if the car is being used in a dusty environment (like the Philippines?), interval should be 5,000 kms/3 months. It really depends on what your manual indicates.

Real world intervals for others would be every 10,000 kms for as long as synthetic oil is used, or every 5,000 kms for mineral oil. Some would advocate the former, and some the latter. So it really depends on you. I'd take the 2nd argument and just change oil more frequently so that the oil in my engine is fresher and the process comes out cheaper.
    Last edited by IMm29; February 5th, 2007 at 01:40 PM.

Honda Accord 05 Change Oil - When