New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    This case should be a lesson learned....when buying a ride be sure to consider the economics of car ownership.

Consider, buying another second hand car will cost you, say 350,000 and added outlay for the insurance, maintenance, etc. Would this amount be sufficient for your fuel allowance on the Mazda 3 for the next several years? For me it doesn't make sense when you maintain 2 vehicles and do not use your brand new car. And lose a lot due to the depreciation value.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I would just stick with your 3 personally. If the gas is too much for you then yes make the exchange but not without additional payment to make it even with your brother. If he does not want to add then sell it outside and use the money to buy your new Jazz.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    This case should be a lesson learned....when buying a ride be sure to consider the economics of car ownership.

Consider, buying another second hand car will cost you, say 350,000 and added outlay for the insurance, maintenance, etc. Would this amount be sufficient for your fuel allowance on the Mazda 3 for the next several years? For me it doesn't make sense when you maintain 2 vehicles and do not use your brand new car. And lose a lot due to the depreciation value.

i think you're right here, but i always wanted two cars, one for everyday ride and the other for coding and weekend drive..

i'm happy with my mazda3 and i can accept its FC, i think i'll just use it for now and hopefully next year i could afford a bnew Jazz..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I would just stick with your 3 personally. If the gas is too much for you then yes make the exchange but not without additional payment to make it even with your brother. If he does not want to add then sell it outside and use the money to buy your new Jazz.
    yeah that's my stand too, though i don't want to sell my 3 just because it consumes a lot of gasoline...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Chery QQ3... I don't know... I'd be wary of resale and suspension issues... if you can afford a better class of car, go for the Hyundai i10... fantastic little machine. Just get a manual... small engines plus AT really don't make for good economy, and it won't be much better than your Mazda3, due to that.

Relative resale value is always higher for the smaller-engined car. Secondhand buyers value fuel efficiency, and are willing to pay a lot for a secondhand.

One interesting secondhand buy... why not a Toyota Vios 1.3? Toyota resale isn't as ridiculously high as Honda, so you might be able to get a bargain. (though the Vios isn't even as roomy as the Honda City... so it's an even bigger downgrade from the Mazda3).
    i was kidding when i mentioned the Cherry QQ no offense to QQ owners...unfortunately i dont know how to drive a manual tranny, so my choice would be an AT Tranny for my next car..

I really wanted the new Honda Jazz i think i could afford it mid next year...i10 AT eats as much as my 3 so i'm taking him out of my "want" list.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    oo pare one night hehehe...joke...oo nga yun din iniisip ko since 60kms ang biyahe ko from bahay to work and vice versa.

Refer mo kaya ako sa sales agent na yan Baka may special promo Mazda 3.

Yeah..ill go for Mazda 3 too unless your brother agrees to pay for your remaining loan balance.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by honismitoy View Post
    Refer mo kaya ako sa sales agent na yan Baka may special promo Mazda 3.

Yeah..ill go for Mazda 3 too unless your brother agrees to pay for your remaining loan balance.
    well next year kuha nalang ako ng bnew jazz, i hope magkaroon ng all in promo hehehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    bakit hindi mo na lang ibenta ang mz3 mo hangga't maaga and get a jazz this year.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    bakit hindi mo na lang ibenta ang mz3 mo hangga't maaga and get a jazz this year.

i cant sir naka loan kase ito e, as much as i wanted to sell this car, mejo mabigat sa loob ko na pakawalan sya (na alam ko din na babaratin masyado)

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    i was kidding when i mentioned the Cherry QQ no offense to QQ owners...unfortunately i dont know how to drive a manual tranny, so my choice would be an AT Tranny for my next car..

I really wanted the new Honda Jazz i think i could afford it mid next year...i10 AT eats as much as my 3 so i'm taking him out of my "want" list.
    Actually I've just tested it. On the same routes, I got 8-11 km/l from a Mazda3, and, with the same style of driving, 12-15 km/l from an i10. Both AT.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Hindi kaya ako TALO?