New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JunBargas14 View Post
    maybe let me try first the cheapest option. radiator overhaul. il post my feefback after. thanks to all
    that's the cheapest but that won't solve the problem. if you did not experience hi-temp before the overhaul process, then the problem is in the overhaul.

you can really have a good overhaul unless you bring down the engine.

maganda tip ni oj88 and paulgozon. check those areas first.

also, check the water pump.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hello Po,

0J and Paul is right:

Ill give you the possible cause of overheating:

1) LEAKS - if you have leaks in you cooling system, your cooling water level will go down and will definitely effect an overheating

2) Blown/leaking head gasket - after overhauling, you should change your head gasket, plus your mechanic should know how to replace a new one. Dis he put gasket cement? silicon?... did he check the flatness of your head?
    did he step by step torque tight in sequence your head bolt? remember also to return to him after break-in for the the final re-torque of your head bolts.

3) Faulty thermostat valve... the valve of a honda usually open at around 76deg C...and fully opens at around 90 deg. Never remove the thermostat valve, it is the one that stabilize your engine temperature be controlling the coolant flow.

4) Faulty Fan - Check if needed replace

5) Clogged Radiator - Check ---clean if needed

6) Wrong Ignition Timing - Premature ignition could actually increase power on high rpm's BUT, causes temperature rise in lower revs. Please set to correct stock setting.

7) Thermo Switch, This is the sensor that activates your FANs to run even your aircon is off. This triggers around 82 deg on a honda. Please check if your fan starts even when your aircon is off, this is about just over half of your temp gauge.

Finally, a new piston ring has insignificant effect on the temperature.
    Lets all be technically correct about this.

I hope these helped. oh I forgot, check your water pump!

Honda Oc- salev Racing

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    just an update with my high temp problem. nagpalinis ako kanina ng radiator sa fermin's paranaque. madumi nga radiator ko and barado. observe ko this weekend. +1 for fermin repair shop. satisfied ako sa service nila. free paint pa sa radiator ko hehehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    mod please check this one, bawal yata ang ganito post

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    i tested my auto after overhauling my radiator. here is the scenario,
    i travelled from north ave hotel along edsa infront of sm north going to circle.ang lapit nun.naka number 2 aircon ko.ok naman di tumaas temp...
    i stayed 30 min sa circle then i travel again from circle to sm north with aircon off.napansin ko nung pumapasok na ako sa parking ng sm.umangat tempgauge ko 3/4 so huminto ako.then siguro mga ilang seconds lng back to normal din.inabot ko sa parking.i`ve check my radiator after a few minutes.ok naman walang bawas ang tubig.check ko engine oil at yun kokonti laman.mga 1/8 na lng mula tip ng stick. may tagas pala oilpan ko. so ginawa ko bumili ng motor oil tapos naglagalag muna sa sm mga 3 hrs.
    after 3 hours,dinagdagan ko oil nung auto. balik sa normal.from sm north going to baclaran with aircon on.normal na normal naman na yung auto.

questions:
    1. talaga bang tataas temp nung auto dahil sa kokonti na ang oil nito
    2. ok na bang testing yung from sm north to baclaran. what do you think ok naba overheating problem nung car

thnaks po sa mga replies.... more power to tsikot.com

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    You need to make sure that your entire cooling loop is free from debris and coolant residue.

Likewise check your thermostat, if it delays the activation of your fans, especially during idle, you would experience a spike in your temps.

What is it exactly that these shops do when they "overhaul" a radiator?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JunBargas14 View Post
    i tested my auto after overhauling my radiator. here is the scenario,
    i travelled from north ave hotel along edsa infront of sm north going to circle.ang lapit nun.naka number 2 aircon ko.ok naman di tumaas temp...
    i stayed 30 min sa circle then i travel again from circle to sm north with aircon off.napansin ko nung pumapasok na ako sa parking ng sm.umangat tempgauge ko 3/4 so huminto ako.then siguro mga ilang seconds lng back to normal din.inabot ko sa parking.i`ve check my radiator after a few minutes.ok naman walang bawas ang tubig.check ko engine oil at yun kokonti laman.mga 1/8 na lng mula tip ng stick. may tagas pala oilpan ko. so ginawa ko bumili ng motor oil tapos naglagalag muna sa sm mga 3 hrs.
    after 3 hours,dinagdagan ko oil nung auto. balik sa normal.from sm north going to baclaran with aircon on.normal na normal naman na yung auto.

questions:
    1. talaga bang tataas temp nung auto dahil sa kokonti na ang oil nito
    2. ok na bang testing yung from sm north to baclaran. what do you think ok naba overheating problem nung car

thnaks po sa mga replies.... more power to tsikot.com
    Oil starvation kung kulang ang langis at hindi masyadong naglulubricate kaya dahilan rin ng pagtaas ng temperature mo at masira makina mo kung matuyuan ito at kung maayos ang oil leak mo lagi mong check oil ng makina mo bago gamitin mo sasakyan.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    additional update regarding my overheating problem. I drive today at around 6pm from baclaran going to sm southmall with aircon on number 2. so far my car temperature is ok. i think my problem is ok na. to all who commented in this topic thank you very much....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
High Temp after civic 99 top overhauled