New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    oo nga eh. far as i can see, ito ang weakness ng mga honda, prior to year 2001.

thermostat, radiator, thermoswitch, mga fans, aircon at pang ilalim.

the engines, body, styling, space, are all excellent, though. ride comfort is good too.

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    I had this problem before.
    I had almost replaced everything (water/coolant, thermostat valve, including new radiator) but it all boiled down to the thermostat sensor that sticks to the engine.

It senses the temperature and turns on/off the cooling system.
    If it is broken it will not accurately gauge when to turn on your cooling system.
    Have it replaced but only use original, I repeat, original thermostat sensor.
    This will solve your problems.

Do not have your thermostat valve taken out.
    You will need it when driving in high altitude cool places like Tagaytay and Baguio since the engine performs at its best when the temperature needle is in the middle.

HTH

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    mga bossing..
    maraming salamat sa mga nag reply sa problema ko, radiator saka water pump ang naging problema, maykonting tagas water pump,,radiator ko barado, pina overhaul ko muna kasi wala pa budget,pag makaluwag luwag na,,bili na lang ako bago,,

Dios mabalos sa indo gabos!!!

junseg

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Congrats bro. I had the same problem. Di ko makita kung saan ang problem. Minsan ok..minsan bigla bumababa water sa radiator..Then later on I found a pinhole leak at the neck of the radiator top cover. Kaya once na pinalitan ko..problem was solved. running now for years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
hi temp 98 civic vti