New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hello Tsikoters! Need help lang po! I currently own a CIVIC ES 01 and about to sell this baby. I'm quite sure of buying a new one but I'm torn choosing between FD and All new Lancer GT. One big thing that plays in my mind is the price. Mas mura ang Civic FD na 1.8. Pero syempre, with most reviews, lamang ang all new lancer in terms of performance. My mind is singing Civic but my heart is shouting lancer! Give me some tips naman, I need some convincing factor as to which car should I go. Thanks!

BTW, this is my 1st ever post in tsikot, I hope this is a good start for a new forumite! Thanks in advance again!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hmmm... for me, its simply because its honda.

eto some points maybe that will help you:

our family has owned different brands of japanese cars and honda always went on top in terms of reliability. minor problems lang naeencounter namin sa honda, mostly routine maintenance lang. may civic EK greatest prob since bought brand new was the alternator bearing and clutch squeaking, sliding. sa engine, it never failed me.

we had and have owned a lot of different models of honda and not one has failed us yet. of course, just have the routine change oil and tune ups.

i wont speak of our experience for other car brands kasi baka magalit yung ibang loyalist of other brands.

HTH

edit: welcome to tiskot sir!
    Last edited by archie123456789; October 26th, 2008 at 05:52 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You might wanna look at Subaru Impreza or Ford Focus TDCI.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Civic is a good buy, but wait for tbe new focus. Ganda ng dual clutch nya. tsaka ang dami ng civic sa daan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Guys, thanks for the advices.

Made some reviews sa Ford Focus, and if I'm not mistaken, the upcoming model is the face lifted one. Seems like this is another consideration for me. The TDCi could be fuel efficient and in a long run, baka mas makatipid ako dito due to the oil price hike that can happen for the next 5 years. Well, planning to keep my next car for about that long. Yun nga lang, medyo malayo na sa budget ko sa ngayon since other priorities are knocking in like acquisition of lot property, etc.

Thanks po sa tips, I really appreciate them. Sana marami pa magpost!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    NO REASON, BETTER WAIT FOR THE 2ND. GEN MAZDA3. Yeah baby. that car rocks with Refinement (much quieter than Civic: u would appreciate that if u will keep the car for 5years or more). many new Fuel Saving technology :
    1. SISS : smart Idling start/stop system.
    2. DISI: direct injection for the gas, torquier.
    3. Weight saving technology (about 20%lighter than before)
    and better aerodynamics.

plus u would have the New Car for at least 3years until the next civic comes along. haha!

HELP: Why would I go for Civic FD?