New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Take out everything from the trunk. Put dry rags all over. Garden hose the trunk and back fender. Dry the exterior, open trunk and see which rags got most damped. Then just resolve the issue.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    My bet is on leaking tail light gasket.

Yung trunk kasi mejo may grooves yung edges so kahit sira weather strip, yung groove mag-guide sa tubig pababa at palabas.
    Possible din ito... sa ibang sasakyan dati na experience ko sa garnish naman lumusot... may maliit na crack pala na hindi basta napapansin.

Kamusta TS nakita mo na ba cause ng trunk flooding mo?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Thanks for this Sir Archie, ito nga pinaka practical, para may idea ako kung saan banda ang leak galing. Baka no need to baklas all the liners. Mahirap lang pag tail light gaskets nga, nakita ko kasi sa youtube na kailangan baklas ang bumper para tanggalin ang tail light. Kailangan talaga dalhin sa body repair shop.

Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    Take out everything from the trunk. Put dry rags all over. Garden hose the trunk and back fender. Dry the exterior, open trunk and see which rags got most damped. Then just resolve the issue.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Sorry double post

FS

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Thanks for all your input. Car never had an accident. Haven't had the time to work on the problem.

I will try removing the sidings and line the trunk with newspaper and see what happens when I hose it down.

FS

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Sir Frontsight, share mo dito kung pano mo binaklas ang sidings and how it went ha. I also want to remove mine with the help of your hindsight.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Same problem tayo TS, 2009 city may tubig din sa ilalim ng spare tire, kulay kalawang pero wala namang amoy.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12