New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    OTEP,
    Mas mahal pa pala sa Speedlab, the radiator sandwich adapter is like PhP850 while the oil filter sandwich plate is PhP1500. Hmmm.

They also make a 3-gauge pod cowl for the GD Jazz that goes on top of the center A/C vents. It's made to look like the cowl for the main gauges.

http://www.speedlab.com.ph/otheraccessories.php

Those are cheap gauges by the way. Where are you buying them from? I've always wanted a voltmeter for my own Jazz, seeing as the car is more reliant on electronics than a lot of older cars - even the steering is electrically assisted.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Takaw double-post ako ngayon ah

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Speedlab can handle everything from start to finish if budget is no consideration. Plus they have great facilities so I guess its fair for them to charge what they charge.

Circuit brand gauges are not really high end. These are not DEFI or Autometer. More like basic versions of AutoGauge. I use their boost gauge on the Patrol. The last jeepney I rode had black faced Circuit brand gauges. hehehe.

I'll PM you where I purchase my gauges in Quezon City.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    otep; i think you know loud of 4x4ph. when i am planning to install a mechanical temp gauge on my lc71 project, he advised to me to put the probe in the cylinder head since(afair) it is the place where the real temp of the engine(real time). pag sa may hose daw ng radiator e medyo malamig etc. imo, medyo logical sya. so i just altered the connector of the heater hose(since nakablock lang sya). ill try to post the picture if you want.
    btw, we can supply you circuit gauges if you happen to be in Bulacan. medyo by order basis nga lang yung mga di mabile like turbo gauges. afaik marami pa iba gauges. wag nyo sama EGT kasi kahit ako naghahanap sa kanila kaso wala raw sila stock nun.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    I've always wanted a voltmeter for my own Jazz, seeing as the car is more reliant on electronics than a lot of older cars - even the steering is electrically assisted.
    If it's just a voltmeter you want, meron plug-in sa cig lighter. Here's a pic from my bro's Getz.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    otep; i think you know loud of 4x4ph. when i am planning to install a mechanical temp gauge on my lc71 project, he advised to me to put the probe in the cylinder head since(afair) it is the place where the real temp of the engine(real time). pag sa may hose daw ng radiator e medyo malamig etc. imo, medyo logical sya. so i just altered the connector of the heater hose(since nakablock lang sya). ill try to post the picture if you want.
    btw, we can supply you circuit gauges if you happen to be in Bulacan. medyo by order basis nga lang yung mga di mabile like turbo gauges. afaik marami pa iba gauges. wag nyo sama EGT kasi kahit ako naghahanap sa kanila kaso wala raw sila stock nun.
    Sa Feb 21 pa uwi ko ng Bulacan, and Sunday ata iyon. Can you supply me with a Vacuum gauge po? Hindi naman po nagmamadali.

Short of boring the cylinder head, the next best place would be the radiator hose heading INTO the radiator. The worst place would be the rad hose where the water flows going from the radiator back into the engine as the water has been cooled already.

Now which hose on the city/jazz is the hose where water flows from engine to radiator? The upper or lower one?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    will try to contact if meron sila vacuum gauge.
    di ako masyado pamilyar sa engine ng jazz. but if you can locate yung butas kung san nakakabit yung hose ng heater(if any) dun ka na lang tap. same princilple as the one na gusto mo gawin sa hose ng radiatorl.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    On the Speedlab installation write-up for the Jazz, they installed the radiator T-junction at the radiator hose just before it drained into the radiator itself. This way, the probe will detect the temperature of hot water/coolant.

Had the T-junction + probe been installed after the radiator, that would have made the probe's readings useless as it will just pick up cold water/coolant temperature.

Just trying to explain the logic of this route

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    If it's just a voltmeter you want, meron plug-in sa cig lighter. Here's a pic from my bro's Getz.

Alam ko mahal din ang ganyan. I remember asking around in Banawe last year, a couple shops sold the LCD plug-in type for PhP1200 or so.

How much did your brother get his for, and where did he get it? Thanks in advance

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    On the Speedlab installation write-up for the Jazz, they installed the radiator T-junction at the radiator hose just before it drained into the radiator itself. This way, the probe will detect the temperature of hot water/coolant.

Had the T-junction + probe been installed after the radiator, that would have made the probe's readings useless as it will just pick up cold water/coolant temperature.

Just trying to explain the logic of this route
    yup i know. thats why otep is asking which radiator hose. unlike sa heater hose, afaik kahit alin dun ay near engine temp compared sa rad hose. but kung saan madali and convenient as long as it works. di naman natin need ang "very" accurate reading as long as it gives the proper temperature resonse.hth

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Help: Putting in a temp gauge (07 Jazz)