New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dont forget that you are buying a 14 year old car. may mga nasira na dyan and may mga masisira pa dyan sa mga darating na araw. ang importante ay kung ano ang condition nya when you buy it. kasi kahit sabihin na mas maganda ang isang car, bale wala lahat yan kung pangit naman ang condition nya when you buy it.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thanks sir bulldog..

New here at tsikot sa pagreresearch ko and found out in other thread na mas ok din pala ung Nissan sentra mga s4 .. totoo po ba to?..mas makakakuha pa ko ng higher year model.. and forgot to say i can stretch my budget to 185k.. ano kaya best buy? 1st choice ko tlga esi pero mukang ok pa ibang model .. thanks tsikot

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Personally drove and owned a '93 ESI until 2006 and presently get to drive a '94 ESI occassionally(both AT). We also had a '95 Civic MT before. Btw, all purchased brand new.

When the '95 MT was sold in 2006 with 6x,xxx kms , it had a leaking radiator (replaced with surplus), clutch replacement (probably bec. the driver's riding the clutch), leaking left rear shocks. Had this serviced every 5,000 kms at Honda CASA.

The '93 AT was sold in 2006 also with 6x,xxx kms also. Apart from the rusty roof there were no other problems with it. Had it service at Honda CASA but not as diligently as the '95.

Currently the '94 AT has only 3x,xxx kms. Rarely used. Everything is still original and no problems with it. This is one had service with the CASA in the first 8 years of its life. More recently, its been getting occasional maintenance service from the gas station.

I guess it boils down to the previous owner. Any vehicle from any car brand or make will need maintenance repairs at this age but severity will depend on the amount of TLC the previous owner has given the vehicle.

On other notes....

In terms of transmission, MT vs. AT, the difference bet. the two is night and day. Let's just say if you're after pocket rocket performance, don't get the AT. The MT allows the engine to rip and roar to redline without any hesitations. OTOH, the AT would suffice for daily driving.

It is also quite hard to find an all stock example in the market today bec. everyone do mod these vehicles, to an extent that is very detrimental to the vehicle's appearance, performance and overall reliability.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie_thomas07 View Post
    Thanks sir bulldog..

New here at tsikot sa pagreresearch ko and found out in other thread na mas ok din pala ung Nissan sentra mga s4 .. totoo po ba to?..mas makakakuha pa ko ng higher year model.. and forgot to say i can stretch my budget to 185k.. ano kaya best buy? 1st choice ko tlga esi pero mukang ok pa ibang model .. thanks tsikot
    Hi Jamie,

If you do have 185k in your budget maybe it can buy you a toyota corolla XE variant. Not sure if it can buy you the GLI variant. About nissan, I just dont know....kasi my relative has a nissan lecps. It's so hot inside, the a/c can't provide enough air to cool the car. My XL can provide air even it's on number 2. I don't know how did he maintain it. But if you plan to buy nissan s4, buy it from a friend or from a relative.....MT tranny still gets my vote.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    go for esi but the one with manual tranny...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Goodmorning Tsikoters and thanks for those who reply.:D

Ask ko lng pangit po b talaga pag Matic?.. kasi nasanay ako matic dinidrive.. mahirap b talaga i maintain? or sirain talaga?,,,

thanks po

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie_thomas07 View Post
    Goodmorning Tsikoters and thanks for those who reply.:D

Ask ko lng pangit po b talaga pag Matic?.. kasi nasanay ako matic dinidrive.. mahirap b talaga i maintain? or sirain talaga?,,,

thanks po
    Hindi naman siya pangit, actually masarap gamitin ang AT tranny kaya lang you're going to buy a 2nd hand car kasi, hindi mo rin alam kung paano ginamit yung tranny na yun at kung ano na yung history ng car. Siyempre, hindi naman sasabihin ng owner sayo na nasira yung ganito ganun niya before especially pa kung hindi mo kilala. Kaya the best is, buy a 2nd hand car from an unknown seller pero manual. If you want an at talaga buy it from your relative maybe.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thanks again sir renzo!

Normally what po b nasisira sa at tranny?. and mahal b talaga pagawa or maintain?.. thanks

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Minsan nasisira sa AT tranny is mahirap siya minsan magbasa kung san mo shinift. For example.......kapag nalagay mo na sa D pag pinress mo yung gas di siya gagalaw yun pala, ang basa is N pa. Then after a while.....saka pa siya aandar. Uhm, this was told by my friend who has a car na AT tranny. Sakin kasi MT eh.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    hanap ka nalang corolla GLI.. pansin ko lang mas madami kang makukuhang GLI na mas sariwa compared sa ESI.. most ESI laspag na makina coz sportier sya and mostly gamit ng teens, and we know na sabik talaga sila sa patakbo ng mabilis.. while GLIs are known to be more family car, so mas madami ka makuha na fresh na GLI..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Help need your suggestion planning to buy esi 95 matic.. is it a good choice?