New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroFD View Post
    On the flip side, owning an old car will teach you a lot about car care, maintenance and repair. Excellent training for your future vehicles.
    Re: maintaining and repairing an old car... Marami nga akong natutunan with my old lancer.. Took me years until i found reliable and trusted mechanic, electrician and aircon/radiator guy (3 sila). Also where to get reliable parts.. Bnew (replacement) and surplus parts na di taga and good quakity naman w warranty. Sure, at least once a year i find myself having to replace or upgrade something, but cost is relatively minimal. Kaya ko na rin tune up sarili and so minor repairs...

Pero now im about to get a new car myself, iba na rin.. Back to zero na uki bec i wouldnt k ow how to handle this new engine, syempre PMS muna sa casa for several years and i will hesistate to let my mechanics to handle it..baka bago pa yung model di pa nila kabisado... Parts will have to be original and sure to be more expensive than the parts im used to...

So may downside pa rin new car...hehe...

Para di OT masyado: for the TS.. Di mo yata na mention exact budget nyo?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    agree also with sir kyleryner... owning a 2nd/3rd hand car prompts you to have a trusted mechanic, trusted auto electrician, trusted aircon shop, and trusted body painter and repairman..para kung may konti gasgas, dents, may tatakbuhan ka for immediate repairs and hindi ka tatagain.

indeed every thing has corresponding consequences be it an old car or a brand new one.. yeah magkano ba budget mo bro?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
help me choose my first car