New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hello Honda Jazzers,
    need help here. My Jazz will reach 100,000kms soon.
    What will be the maintenance for the engine? This are what I usually do based on experience:
    1) Change oil & filters
    2) Replace timing belts
    3) Replace water pump
    4) Replace idler bearing
    5) Replace belts

What about the transmission? Do I have to change CVT belts, transmission oil (meron ba?) or anything?

Many thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    You definitely have to replace the CVT fluid. The CVT of GD Jazzes like ours requires religious replacement of Honda ATF-Z1 fluid - every 5,000 km to be sure. DO NOT use any other ATF, trust me you'll be sorry if you do.

The CVT drive belt you shouldn't have any problem with.

Replace your spark plugs as well, that's standard procedure every 20,000 km unless you use expensive Denso Iridium plugs or some other long-life variety which will last you 100,000 km. The 1.3L models have 8 plugs to replace (NGK BKR6E-11 or the Denso equivalent is recommended - cheap too), the 1.5L models have 4.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks for the reply Type 100.

I was really concerned on the drive belts of the CVT. I thought all the while that it needs replacing every 100,000kms.
    Matibay pala yun?

So the ATF is key as well!

Many thanks Type 100!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Whew! wala akong masabi, bro...... 100KKm!!! .....

Our 2005 1.3L iDSI CVT Jazz has logged only 18.2KKm on the odo....

8404:duel:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by busdriver View Post
    Thanks for the reply Type 100.

I was really concerned on the drive belts of the CVT. I thought all the while that it needs replacing every 100,000kms.
    Matibay pala yun?

So the ATF is key as well!

Many thanks Type 100!
    Hmmm I could've been wrong on the drive belt. Is it an item on the service schedule? Try to check your owner's manual...better to follow that instead
    My Jazz has three pedals kasi.

In addition they have a procedure for "recalibrating" the CVT...try searching Google for this one. If I can find it on the Fit/Jazz Electronic Service Manual I'll try to post it here. In any case, casa can do this for you every time you have the ATF changed - I understand this is SOP for them, but insist on it anyway.

All the other advice holds true. You're welcome.

Tigas ng Jazz mo ha. Mine's run roughly half that distance, 53,300 km. 2005 din.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    *Type100,
    that's the thing, the CVT drive belts are not in the service schedule. I tried Googling about CVT belts, but nothng says about replacing it & when.
    What I saw is how to calibrate if replaced, and how to replace.
    Its not just my Jazz ang matibay, I guess all Jazz for that matter.

*CVT,
    actually its 83,000kms. And I figured, in a few months time 100,000kms na siya. Its a daily drive for the kids & my girlfriend's business. I was really shocked on the mileage, but it proves to me na matibay din ang Honda.
    The Jazz serves us well. No major problem, except for that engine support replacement 6 months ago but that's about it.
    Tibay din!

By the way CVT, would you know when is the scheduled replacement for the CVT drive belts? Or di pinapalitan ito?

Thanks guys!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Yeah, I'd assume that the CVT drive belt needs no replacement talaga. I've seen photos of it on Autocar ASEAN some time back. It's not actually a belt per se, but a really thick chain of several layers.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Yeah, I'd assume that the CVT drive belt needs no replacement talaga. I've seen photos of it on Autocar ASEAN some time back. It's not actually a belt per se, but a really thick chain of several layers.
    Ah ok. So that explains it. Its not belt perse. I assumed wrongly that it has the same belt as scooter technology. Maybe just the same principle.
    That enlightened me.
    Thanks Type 100.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    You definitely have to replace the CVT fluid. The CVT of GD Jazzes like ours requires religious replacement of Honda ATF-Z1 fluid - every 5,000 km to be sure. DO NOT use any other ATF, trust me you'll be sorry if you do.
    I was under the impression that you should only use Honda CVTF on CVT (Multimatic) transmissions and Honda ATF-Z1 for traditional A/T.

You shouldn't interchange the use of ATF-Z1 and CVTF.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I was under the impression that you should only use Honda CVTF on CVT (Multimatic) transmissions and Honda ATF-Z1 for traditional A/T.

You shouldn't interchange the use of ATF-Z1 and CVTF.
    Well excuse me for quoting the owner's manual. The manual SPECIFICALLY asked for Honda ATF-Z1 for CVTs.
    Last edited by Type 100; August 12th, 2009 at 03:00 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
HELP! Jazz CVT reaching 100,000kms