New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Can you guys help me out...i want to tune the engine of my car...but i dont know where to start.. Help pls...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kvincent11 View Post
    Can you guys help me out...i want to tune the engine of my car...but i dont know where to start.. Help pls...
    Whats the problem? Why do you want to tune your car.
    If you want to get a good tune result .
    Check the following .
    1. Spark plug condition - Take a look one by one see the color .If black lots of carbon . wet with oil , brownish light in color
    2. Cllean air filter
    3.Check the condition of your spark plug wire set . The tip might be corroded or rusty .
    4. Check the engine timing . Timing must be set on your engine specification.
    5. Check disributor cap, rotor
    NOTE # When was the last tune -up of your engine. Including change oil.
    Hope this help answer your question. Just give more detail so other tsikoteer will answer your question briefly.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i think the guy meant TUNE as in race tuning

not tune up

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kvincent11 View Post
    Do you want want more power or better handling. I would assume you would like to have more power at the moment.

Figure out what kind of budget you have and visit SPEEDLAB.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    UNICHIP ftw!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    UNICHIP ftw!
    But unichip on a fully stock engine will only gain so much. The car would gain more with SPEEDLAB's intake, headers and exhaust upgrades.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Bro, I think you need to select some stages before tuning your car.

Stage 1. Replace your intake and exhaust system
    Stage 2. Get a blow off valve and induction kit
    Stage 3. Need your electrical and computer system replace like ECU chip for fuel distribution
    Stage 4. Replace your Gears and drive train to a racing kit like sequential shifter and bigger gear ratio.
    Stage 5. Change your breaks to a ceramic disk for better breaking system.
    Stage 6. Bore up kits and engine works for ever sized pistons.
    Stage 7. NOS!

Mamili ka nalang dyan, pero kung may pera ka at balak mong kalabanin ang x-wing ng star wars. gawin mo lahat yan. Hehehehehe

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Nabasa ko (from sidney/speedlab's post sa teamFD) that the 1.8L R18s don't really benefit from changing exhausts.

Drop by speedlab na rin for the stage1 upgrades, before you'd think of dropping down ~150k for a turbo setup.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scratch View Post
    Stage 2. Get a blow off valve and induction kit
    Don't need a blow-off valve without forced induction.

Stage 4. Replace your Gears and drive train to a racing kit like sequential shifter and bigger gear ratio.
    Good luck finding a sequential box for the R18.

And good luck finding and installing one for under a million pesos... because a sequential racing box alone costs more than that.

Stage 5. Change your breaks to a ceramic disk for better breaking system.
    That's brakes. Good luck finding ceramic brake discs for the Honda, too... unless you have access to a wrecked Porsche and can somehow fit those gigantic rotors and calipers under the Civic's wheel-wells

Stage 6. Bore up kits and engine works for ever sized pistons.
    That's oversized.

Stage 7. NOS!
    And that's nitrous. NOS is just a brand-name. You can buy an NOS fuel additive or energy drink... neither of which will give you any additional power. :hysterical:

Mamili ka nalang dyan, pero kung may pera ka at balak mong kalabanin ang x-wing ng star wars. gawin mo lahat yan. Hehehehehe
    C'mon, the guy was asking a serious question...

-

The problem with changing exhausts on the R18 is that the big restriction is with the built-in exhaust manifold... but you can probably make some decent gains with the downpipe (if it's a single pipe, can you call it a "header" (-s) :hysterical: ), a full exhaust and a chip. The R18 should do well with the Unichip, actually, since it's electronic ignition as well as injection, and the Unichip makes a lot of its gains through the dynamic timing control of the ignition system.

The R18 is already actually pretty powerful for a 1.8... it's as quick as most of the 2.0s on the market, bar the Focus TDCi. In fact, when we first drove the manual 1.8, both I and my cousin were mighty impressed. (I drive a 2.0 Ford Lynx RS... he drives an SiR).

I'd personally do a cold-air induction set-up and a Unichip, then focus on brakes and suspension.

The turbo would be nice, and the single exhaust port of the R18 makes installation simpler, but it's not for everyone... if you simply want to make your car a bit quicker, no need for a turbo.
    Last edited by niky; September 8th, 2009 at 11:18 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Don't need a blow-off valve without forced induction.

Good luck finding a sequential box for the R18.

And good luck finding and installing one for under a million pesos... because a sequential racing box alone costs more than that.

That's brakes. Good luck finding ceramic brake discs for the Honda, too... unless you have access to a wrecked Porsche and can somehow fit those gigantic rotors and calipers under the Civic's wheel-wells

That's oversized.

And that's nitrous. NOS is just a brand-name. You can buy an NOS fuel additive or energy drink... neither of which will give you any additional power. :hysterical:

C'mon, the guy was asking a serious question...

-

The problem with changing exhausts on the R18 is that the big restriction is with the built-in exhaust manifold... but you can probably make some decent gains with the downpipe (if it's a single pipe, can you call it a "header" (-s) :hysterical: ), a full exhaust and a chip. The R18 should do well with the Unichip, actually, since it's electronic ignition as well as injection, and the Unichip makes a lot of its gains through the dynamic timing control of the ignition system.

The R18 is already actually pretty powerful for a 1.8... it's as quick as most of the 2.0s on the market, bar the Focus TDCi. In fact, when we first drove the manual 1.8, both I and my cousin were mighty impressed. (I drive a 2.0 Ford Lynx RS... he drives an SiR).

I'd personally do a cold-air induction set-up and a Unichip, then focus on brakes and suspension.

The turbo would be nice, and the single exhaust port of the R18 makes installation simpler, but it's not for everyone... if you simply want to make your car a bit quicker, no need for a turbo.
    Ok , being serious, we have an Mitsubishi eclipse 95 Model GST on a drag setup, we have followed several stages and we acquired our tuning parts on import basis. We have the sequential shifter as I have said but of course it came with a price. Having a nice airflow system is a plus on your torque.

BTW niky the ever sized I type is called a typo, you just made me the biggest looser in here, just like you made me an idiot that I don't know what I am talking about. But still it's ok with me because I have the experience driving rice cars and I bet you don't.

Peace bro.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Help...I want to tune my engine...Civic 08