New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    wala pa po akong kotse, naghahanap pa lang po. im torn between 2001-2003 honda city type z or 1999-2001 honda civic na vti

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    hello everyone, am new here...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Welcome to tsikot sir!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    im also a newbie, also searching for my first car. Im looking at 04-05 ford lynx or 04 honda city 1.3, any other suggestions? Need ko for regular long provincial drives with my wife and kid and city drive to office. my budget is 380k.

help pls

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    honda city sir!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    hello everyone! about a month ago i was in a dilemma about buying the all new toyota avanza or the 2002 type z 1.5 vti. upon checking the latter, i found out it is the best buy and up to now i'm happy about the sale. i'm lucky enough to have found a direct seller. i got the vtec type + all wheel disc brakes + good mags to go with the pimpin black orig paint. i closely inspected for signs of collision and i couldn't hold my excitement on having stumbled on a near pristine car. of course it has its share of nicks and bangs but what the hey, they don't really show up much.

i'm glad i did my research first and most veterans here advised on factors regarding the sale of a 2nd hand car and i thank them for sharing such good advices because i didn't look like a novice during the inspection.

conclusion: the seller revved up about 70thou kilometers from '02 to '09. for a type Z 1.5 MT vtec engine with all the goodies, it's definitely worth the 285 i shelled out. good thing the owner is a businessman still with kids too young to race the car or it would have been ruined. all i need to do now is pamper it with love and care because it is indeed rare to find a similar model in such a good state these days.

btw, i think this model car has an engine too powerful for a subcompact. those horses do want to scream and wail at the moment the gear is engaged. for those of you hesitant to get one, hunt for the '02 type z vtec, it is so hype.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hi Everyone,

I am one of the proud owners of a 2000 Honda City Type Z 1.3 MT. I acquired the car new and have clocked 137,000 kms. on it already. I swear on the reliability of this car. 3 batteries, 3 sets of tires, 1 timing belt replacement and a pair of front shock absorbers after, I have not made any major repairs on the car yet. Nevertheless, because it is already an old car (almost 10 y.o.), I need to replace some of my suspension parts already and have my clutch and brakes inspected. I may also have to replace my radiator already (I have canvassed for Evercool as replacement alreaady)

The car is a nifty fuel saver, it can bring you about 11 kms. to a liter (city driving). I brought the car to Baguio City at least a dozen times and I only gas it up for about 1 1/4 tank full (back and forth). Baguio is 250 kms. one way (from my place in Paranaque). Once in Baguio City, I probably drive it around for about 100 kms.around the city and suburbs. The travel almost always includes a side trip to Manaoag.

They say that the car is ill-equipped to climb Baguio City. Do not believe them. I always travel with my family and there is always 5 people in my car everytime. I always take Kennon Road going up and Marcos Highway going down. Either way, I do not have any problem. The trick is proper use of the shift stick.

Ooh, as to problems. Yes, rust. Watch for it around the wheel well (I am not sure what it is called). Sticky windows - but nothing Elevo cannot cure.

That's about it.

Cheers!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Congratulation for choosing a Honda City.

The Avanza is a good car but a bit rough as it is ma-tagtag. for short trips it would do well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
help on honda city