New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The driver's window problems were minor and easily fixed naman. Over-aggressive setting of the anti-pinch mechanism was the culprit.

I strongly recommend a test-drive of the FD before committing to a purchase. You'll have to get used to driving with so much of the car's frontal area hidden from your view, if you really want the FD.

My mom's FD is an automatic. I have to say I'm impressed how Honda's improved its slushboxes over the years. The FD's slushbox is very smooth (unlike the jerk-prone units on the older EG and EK Civics) and it's very very easy to maintain a 2000 RPM cruise with this car.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DX200 View Post
    Meron pa rin po ba quality issues ang 2008 FDs? Dami ko kasi nabasa dito sa forum na problems ng Civic FDs from power windows to engine mounts, paints, etc. Baket ang dami ata problems? Very uncharacteristic naman ata from Honda.
    it's true that most of those kinks surfaced in the 2006 models, the very first few batches which honda sold here. probably during those times, they have yet to work out the bugs in the manufacturing of the civic then & those were the pesky results.

the good thing is honda aleady rectified those problems. & the FDs w/c had those quirks? afaik they've already been addressed via their warranties, most if not all anyway.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ask lng po what is fuel consumption of this civic 1.8

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I get 8.5km/L easily. I can do double digits with a little bit of conscious driving.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Double post!
    Last edited by tidus1203; August 7th, 2008 at 08:24 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Help on buying the Civic FD