New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    mga boss, before checking anything else, check nyo muna yung relay ng aircon nyo kung nawawala yung lamig. in my case, relay lang ang sira. and boom! tapos ang problema. with my 120 pesos + 50 pesos tip sa nagkabit ng relay. solved na.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    hello po..im a newbie here..
    just want to seek your suggestion and comments on my problem.
    My ride is city 02, if you turn on the aircon, medyo maingay na yung compressor nya. but lumalamig naman.And during naka-on ang aircon ko..fluctuating ang rpm lalo na once you shift your gear.

Pinacheck ko malapit sa amin and the techician said na "baka" bearing. ok pa naman daw ung gauge ko.
    yesterday nagcheck ulit ako and nagpaestimate kung magkano damage.
    It will take P17k+ if brandnew compressor, but a surplus will take P10k+..all in na raw yun. I had a limited budget. 10k is malaki pa rin..
    baka my mairerekomenda kayong mas murang shop. Thanks

I also ask rapide near Boni Mandaluyong. They told me na aabuting daw nga ng mga P18k. Yung compressor daw kc ng honda city eh hindi narerepair..

Please help naman po..

thanks a lot..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Dear dha169.

If you think of having it done sa Rapide, i suggest you think again. Rapide have all the right tools to do the job, but do their technicians or mechanics know how to use these tools? Think about if you're a good technician, would you work in RApide. Please ask about the dreadful experiences we have with rapide.

On with your problem, you should better to an aircon shop. In evangelista, or in shaw, theirs a few their. Try to check probably your noise problem is just the idler pulley, or the busty comp belt. Should you really need to have a bearing change, just change your bearing.

Better still ask about three or four shops to have an idea of the price. also check if these technicians know what they are doing. I have an accord and the aircon is quite noisy, i spayed wd40 on the belt and the noise is gone.
    After a while the noise is there again, i know by then, that the belt is the problem. I went to three shops in evengelista, ALL of them recommend to change the compressor!!! I spayed wd40, and the noise was gone, pakapal lang ng mukha ang mga kumag.

Good luck with your aircon...

God Bless

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    +1 on the bearing. It might be developing play due to a wiggle - trust me, I had that in my old 1999 SX8 City when I still had it. Ignored it and eventually lost all A/C cooling because the compressor didn't engage any more.

I would still suggest you pony up the PhP17k for the original compressor ASAP. I do not recommend replacements or surplus. Kalahati nga ang presyo pero kalahati lang din ang lamig.

Good luck sir.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    +1 on the bearing. It might be developing play due to a wiggle - trust me, I had that in my old 1999 SX8 City when I still had it. Ignored it and eventually lost all A/C cooling because the compressor didn't engage any more.

I would still suggest you pony up the PhP17k for the original compressor ASAP. I do not recommend replacements or surplus. Kalahati nga ang presyo pero kalahati lang din ang lamig.

Good luck sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar Vela View Post
    Dear dha169.

If you think of having it done sa Rapide, i suggest you think again. Rapide have all the right tools to do the job, but do their technicians or mechanics know how to use these tools? Think about if you're a good technician, would you work in RApide. Please ask about the dreadful experiences we have with rapide.

On with your problem, you should better to an aircon shop. In evangelista, or in shaw, theirs a few their. Try to check probably your noise problem is just the idler pulley, or the busty comp belt. Should you really need to have a bearing change, just change your bearing.

Better still ask about three or four shops to have an idea of the price. also check if these technicians know what they are doing. I have an accord and the aircon is quite noisy, i spayed wd40 on the belt and the noise is gone.
    After a while the noise is there again, i know by then, that the belt is the problem. I went to three shops in evengelista, ALL of them recommend to change the compressor!!! I spayed wd40, and the noise was gone, pakapal lang ng mukha ang mga kumag.

Good luck with your aircon...

God Bless

Thanks sir for all your inputs and advise.
    'Plan to find another shop along Shaw and Boni ave this week.
    I also ask some of my officemate here and they told me nga to get a brand new one instead of replacing it with a surplus.

For the moment bukas muna ako ng bintana..although ok pa naman sya. pero di ko na ino-on pa baka my madamay pa ibang parts.
    Sana its simple bearing or belt only.

Maraming salamat ulit sir, balikan ko ulit kayo if have additional concern.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hello
    i have honda City IDSI 2005 model in Pakistan my car is having a problem that when ever i got stuck in trafic jams the RPM got stuck to 2000rpm & the AC cooling went off my machanic had changed every relay & fuse relating to AC even my machanic had serviced my IC valve but still the problem remaind same is there anyone who can suggest me the rite answer so that i can solve this massive problem
    thanks & Regards
    Irfan Hashmi

7. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Hi mga sir! Buhayin ko lang tong old thread.
    Matanong ko lang kung ano po magandang aircon compressor for a hinda city type z 03 and how much kaya po? May nakita ako sa local store dito sa batangas na sanden brand, okay po ba yun? Universal daw po yun. Defective na po kasi talaga yung compressor, sobrang ingay na, nagwiwiggle pa. Papaltanin na daw as per my mechanic.

Sent from my LDN-LX2 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_angas View Post
    Hi mga sir! Buhayin ko lang tong old thread.
    Matanong ko lang kung ano po magandang aircon compressor for a hinda city type z 03 and how much kaya po? May nakita ako sa local store dito sa batangas na sanden brand, okay po ba yun? Universal daw po yun. Defective na po kasi talaga yung compressor, sobrang ingay na, nagwiwiggle pa. Papaltanin na daw as per my mechanic.

baka puede pang ayusin ang compressor, kung bearings or magnetic clutch lang ang problem.

when buying replacement compressors, be sure the mounting bolts are properly aligned with the mounting ears.
    even the so-called "universal compressors" may vary in external construction, so as to make mounting difficult.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 25th, 2019 at 12:11 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    baka puede pang ayusin ang compressor, kung bearings or magnetic clutch lang ang problem.

when buying replacement compressors, be sure the mounting bolts are properly aligned with the mounting ears.
    even the so-called "universal compressors" may vary in external construction, so as to make mounting difficult.
    Salamat po doc! Help: About Aircon ng honda city
    Tingnan ko din po kung pwede pa syang madala sa ganun. For now, we removed the belt for the a/c compressorto avoid further damage.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Mga sir, ano kaya po ang magandang ipalit na compressor (sanden brand)? Yun lang po ang inooffer ng ac technicians, although may icoconvert po.
    Sorry po madaming tanong, newbie car owner po.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Help: About Aircon ng honda city