New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hi, i'm quite new to cars and am considering buying a 2nd hand. A friend offered his car, honda accord 1995 automatic, close to 70k mileage. He's selling it around 200k. Is this a good buy? What are the things i need to look for before buying it? Also i heard accord's gasoline consumption is really heavy, is it that heavy? much info is appreciated. thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    owned a 96 mt EXI accord before, na he heavy an nako dati way back 2002 nung binenta ko. Manual na yun ah. 2002 gas prices pa. actually depende sayo kung ano ang heavy. Sakin kasi sa prices ngayon ang matipid yung crosswind ko tipong galing bahay (proj 6 QC) to makati and back P200 may tira pa. Yun ang matipid sakin.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    thanks for the info oliver, how much you say your cost will be (at present time) with your accord before say traveling on a daily basis between qc (timog) to ortigas? thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my 1996 Accord Exi does an avg of 6km/li city driving without much traffic. Shaw Blvd Kalentong to Ortigas back and forth.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    used to have an accord vti a/t. fuel consumption is 6.5-7km/liter city driving.

anyway pls do check up the hydraulic tranny support, camber/alignment, oil leaks.

help on 2nd hand accord 95