New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Help guys I just bought a 2010 honda city but it's still in the warehouse because they are installing the accessories. I'm having a difficult time in deciding on whether or not I should have an alarm installed. hindi kasi maganda ang experience ko sa mga alarm laging nagloloko yung module. Ang pina install ko nalang eh yung back up sensor. Ang worry ko kasi eh papakialaman nila yung electricals nung auto tapos 6 mos lang warranty nung alarm at back up sensor. so ang pina add ko nalang eh undercoat at sensor di ko pa pinapalagay ung alarm. Sabi kasi nila hindi integrated dun sa keyless yung alarm so ibig sabihin nun magkakabit sila ng iba? tama ba ung naiisip ko o napaparanoid lang ako. This is my first brand new car kasi kaya nag iingat ako sa decisions ko.

Ano ba sa palagay nyo I really need your opinion on this matter. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The stock 'alarm' prevents others from opening your car without a working key.

If your car comes with an immobilizer, (im not sure) then the stock alarm is probably fine.

If you want the shock sensor, then the casa alternative is probably the better choice. Hirap kapag banawe work lang unless you really know the quality of worksmanship of the shop you have in mind haha.

Edit: If they say that their alarm isn't integrated into the stock keyless entry, then that means there's a separate module for that.

Alam ko yung binebenta ng honda na alarm for the civic uses the same key. Di ko lam bat sa city hindi.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Merung intergrated na alarm na pwedeng ilagay (ie. Code Alarm). Check mo dito sa link:

http://www.hondacityclubph.com/forum...ighlight=alarm

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...50684&page=328

Baka yung ilalagay nila is yung AVT alarm in which, separate switch pa.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    So mga sir ano po ba suggestion niyo? Do you think I should have the alarm installed hindi po kaya magloko to in the near future and ano po kaya effect nito sa electricals ng auto and dun sa built in keyless and immobilizer?

Pasensya na po kayo ang dami ko na kasing masamang experiences sa alarm eh. Gusto ko lang malaman kung safe ba talaga sa casa to think na six months lang binibigay nila warranty kahit bago yung auto. Thanks po!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I read in the other thread that the Honda-installed alarm will use your current keyless-entry remote controller. And so far, I have not read anything bad from those who had this alarm installed. If I were you, I will get it as it is another layer of security, before the immobilizer... How much will it cost you? I will have one installed when our Oct2009 City is PMSed in a few months.

9606:hippie:

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    P6,500 daw po. Ganun po ba nabasa nyo kasi when I spoke to the agent she was very clear in saying that the keyless wiil be useless once the alarm has been installed and that's what made me worried. Kasi nga daw po hindi sila integrated. Anyway hindi ko na rin po pinalagay natatakot kasi ako na baka magloko siya in the near future just like what happened to the alarms which I previously used in my old cars.

Anyway thanks for the information guys!

*CVT please let me know how the alarm will work for you once you have it installed san po ba kayong casa yung sakin po sa Kalookan. Thanks a lot!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    im using code alarm installed at honda marikina. hindi sya integrated w/ the car key kasi daw its 1.3 unlike sa 1.5 pwede, dont know of the current model of code alarm kung pwede na. every time i drive, im carrying both, the key and the remote control for the alarm.

what i like about the alarm are the auto lock feature and shock sensor. the alarm has been installed 2008 so far havent got any problem yet. btw mine is a GE.