New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    bro it depends .. kung "teen" ka i suggest you go dor the civic but if your purpose is value four money and reliability then go for the altis ..
    ako i have a 2005 altis G variant .. ok perofrmance lalo na ung brakes .. pero kung 1.6 E ung compare mo sa civic 1.8V mas lamang civic ..
    but if you want altis then go for G variant with 1.6 engine ..

s_quilicot*yahoo.com add me * friendster
    what do you mean by value for money and reliability? do you mean that Honda is not a reliable brand?

just asking.....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Looks and performance go for the civic.

Altis - possibly cheaper to maintain. FC might be better.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^for a 1.8 car, matipid ang FD....:thumbup:

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Looks and performance go for the civic.

Altis - possibly cheaper to maintain. FC might be better.
    In fact the Civic FD's fuel consumption is LESS than the 1st gen Altis... Why kamo? Maliban sa new engine technology ng Civic i-Vtec, the Civic has a lighter body paired with a stronger 1.8L engine vs the Altis heavier body paired with a weaker 1.6L engine. So the Altis' engine needs more energy to pull that weight while the Civic has more power that carries lesser weight thus less effort thus less FC. Some say the Civic 1.8L consumes like a 1.5L but thats what they say I can't confirm that but I can confirm I can do 10.7km/L with the Civic FD....

As for the maintenance they are already equal. In fact dyan nagumpisa sa 1st gen ZZ Altis na tumaas at pumatas na sila sa Honda in terms of maintenance and parts. Unlike dati mas mura nga Toyota maintenance compared to Honda during the Corolla Big Body VS Civic EK era....

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Uhm guys, the thread starter is long gone. This is nearly a two year old question

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Uhm guys, the thread starter is long gone. This is nearly a two year old question
    hahaha oo nga! hindi ko napansin yung date ng TS

baka nakabili na siya... hehehe

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sana bumisita uli sya, anyway if u compare altis 2008 vs civic 2008 at the same price range, civic pa rin. ang altis have the same vvti engine and it is 100kg heavier than it's predecessor. not fuel efficient if you think.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    aka lately suzuki ALTO binili nung ng TS .. hehe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
HELP!!! 2006 Altis or Civic?