New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi! I need help.. I don't have much idea about cars and I'm choosing between a 2006 Altis 1.6E M/T or a 2006 Civic 1.8V M/T...

I know that a 1.8 engine is better however I still want to know the pros and cons of each! I've heard a lot of positive feedbacks about the Altis compared to the Civic however what they're comparing are the older models..

By the way, i just want to make sure, are they the same in terms of PRICE?

HELP...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    This is a no contest IMO. Go for the new FD Civic kaysa dun sa old Altis. Kung yung new Altis pwede pang idebate (although IMO the Civic is also better than the new Altis).

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    go for the civic

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If its the 1.8V variant vs the 1.6E altis, I'd go for the altis since this has driver's airbags, abs with EBD.

But if its the 1.8S variant...no contest na yan...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dynxix View Post
    Hi! I need help.. I don't have much idea about cars and I'm choosing between a 2006 Altis 1.6E M/T or a 2006 Civic 1.8V M/T...

I know that a 1.8 engine is better however I still want to know the pros and cons of each! I've heard a lot of positive feedbacks about the Altis compared to the Civic however what they're comparing are the older models..

By the way, i just want to make sure, are they the same in terms of PRICE?

HELP...
    civic ka na lang..hehe

pero "biasness" (spell check) aside, it would really depend on your purpose for this purchase. in my opinion, mas may horsepower ang civic as compared sa altis. based lng on my experiences a..

in terms of pricing, civic will fair a bit more expensive than the 06 altis..but its worth it

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    civic..imho, more ooomph. looks better too.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    civic..siyempre!!! love your own :thumbup:

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    If its the 1.8V variant vs the 1.6E altis, I'd go for the altis since this has driver's airbags, abs with EBD.

But if its the 1.8S variant...no contest na yan...
    +1 if your going for safety...

but peronally ill go with the civic on this.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    altis saken basta ung pang G variant ung mags. elegante dating

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    bro it depends .. kung "teen" ka i suggest you go dor the civic but if your purpose is value four money and reliability then go for the altis ..
    ako i have a 2005 altis G variant .. ok perofrmance lalo na ung brakes .. pero kung 1.6 E ung compare mo sa civic 1.8V mas lamang civic ..
    but if you want altis then go for G variant with 1.6 engine ..

s_quilicot*yahoo.com add me * friendster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
HELP!!! 2006 Altis or Civic?