New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi guys,

Pa-help lang with a problem on my mom's 07 FD (1.8 S A/T). It' won't start (click lang pero di na nag redondo). Baka may naka experience na rin nito

- Replaced the battery with a new one pero di pa rin gumana; all dashboard indicators are lighting up
    - car was towed and brought to Honda Marikina. Upon diagnosis, sira daw ang "starter solenoid"? and needs to be replaced. unfortunately, wala pa daw part for this (it will take 3 weeks daw since orderin pa)

Has anyone encountered this problem? thinking kung kaya ito gawin ng outside shops (like rey's electrical of marikina). i really don't trust honda marikina kasi they misdiagnosed some of our hondas before but yun lang kasi yung convenient for my mom (yung driver lang niya yung nagpapasok sa casa).

hope you can give your inputs.

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Starter solenoid nga yan. You have a good battery but the starter won't gun the engine. You can check with auto electrical shops (like Rey's) if they have starter solenoids for a Civic FD. You can technically start the car by having someone short-circuit the defective solenoid of the starter motor while you crank the car. This will give you the chance to run the car to a nearby auto electrical shop. The whole starter motor assembly has to be taken apart and the solenoid replaced.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    Hi guys,

Pa-help lang with a problem on my mom's 07 FD (1.8 S A/T). It' won't start (click lang pero di na nag redondo). Baka may naka experience na rin nito

- Replaced the battery with a new one pero di pa rin gumana; all dashboard indicators are lighting up
    - car was towed and brought to Honda Marikina. Upon diagnosis, sira daw ang "starter solenoid"? and needs to be replaced. unfortunately, wala pa daw part for this (it will take 3 weeks daw since orderin pa)

Has anyone encountered this problem? thinking kung kaya ito gawin ng outside shops (like rey's electrical of marikina). i really don't trust honda marikina kasi they misdiagnosed some of our hondas before but yun lang kasi yung convenient for my mom (yung driver lang niya yung nagpapasok sa casa).

hope you can give your inputs.

thanks!
    Tapon mo na yan. Hehehe... ;)

I agree that Reys would be the most convenient. They're not the cheapest but over the years, their charges are acceptable to me and they've always fixed the parts i've went in for replacement/reconditioning (starter solenoid, alternator, etc) with no problems.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Or try Honda SPA, whichever is comfortable.

Palitan na yan! Hehe.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Or try Honda SPA, whichever is comfortable.

Palitan na yan! Hehe.
    yep! sabi ko nga. hehehe will just trade it in for an SiR

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    +1 paps

too short

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    +1 paps

too short
    LOL, magkapatid kayo?

Anyway, naayos na daw.... At a much lesser cost then what Honda was charging.

Palitan mo na nga ng SiR, pero kelangan ikaw pa daw mag cash out pag trade.

HELP: 07 FD Won't Start