New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *Bossmonkee - Accords and other midsize cars are a different breed compared to the usual compacts or sub-compacts. Most people who enjoy driving them will look for the total package than nitpick on its weakness when being compared to compacts. Manufacturers will not price it higher than their smaller models when it cannot deliver a better experience over the usual compact. In the used market, a maintained midsize being sold at a low price is a good buy. I drive daily my old 6th gen Accord. Aside from the high FC, I have no other complaints with it. Steering feel is great, enough power when you need it, solid suspension, and comfortable. The 6th gens (98-02) are more mechanical and has less electronics. Maintenance is simple enough like a Civic EK except it needs more oil (5L against the usual 4L of smaller cars). Give it bigger/wider tires and you will improve further its already good mechanical grip. As long the used one you're looking does not have a broken engine or tranny, you won't be spending much on it. Try looking for younger midsize models (2001 or younger) as LTO revised its MVUC fee for midsize cars 2001 and younger (3600 compared to 6000 for 1997-2000 model years). Also, when looking for a 6th gen, get the VTi-L (2.3L) instead of the VTi as it offers a slightly better FC over the 2.0L VTi assuming both have AT tranny. A VTi-L 6th gen in MT will be even be better to make the most out of its engine output and offers better FC (except when you always floor that pedal to let the VTEC kick-in at 3500 rpm or higher). However, I will not take 230k for a 6th gen Accord (unless it had a proper engine swap to Honda H22).

Though for a budget of 250k, I might consider like a 03-05 ZZ Altis or 03-05 Civic ES. Both offers good FC and reliable plus decent performance. A similarly aged Sentra N16 (GS or GSX) will even be cheaper.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    *Bossmonkee - Accords and other midsize cars are a different breed compared to the usual compacts or sub-compacts. Most people who enjoy driving them will look for the total package than nitpick on its weakness when being compared to compacts. Manufacturers will not price it higher than their smaller models when it cannot deliver a better experience over the usual compact. In the used market, a maintained midsize being sold at a low price is a good buy. I drive daily my old 6th gen Accord. Aside from the high FC, I have no other complaints with it. Steering feel is great, enough power when you need it, solid suspension, and comfortable. The 6th gens (98-02) are more mechanical and has less electronics. Maintenance is simple enough like a Civic EK except it needs more oil (5L against the usual 4L of smaller cars). Give it bigger/wider tires and you will improve further its already good mechanical grip. As long the used one you're looking does not have a broken engine or tranny, you won't be spending much on it. Try looking for younger midsize models (2001 or younger) as LTO revised its MVUC fee for midsize cars 2001 and younger (3600 compared to 6000 for 1997-2000 model years). Also, when looking for a 6th gen, get the VTi-L (2.3L) instead of the VTi as it offers a slightly better FC over the 2.0L VTi assuming both have AT tranny. A VTi-L 6th gen in MT will be even be better to make the most out of its engine output and offers better FC (except when you always floor that pedal to let the VTEC kick-in at 3500 rpm or higher). However, I will not take 230k for a 6th gen Accord (unless it had a proper engine swap to Honda H22).

Though for a budget of 250k, I might consider like a 03-05 ZZ Altis or 03-05 Civic ES. Both offers good FC and reliable plus decent performance. A similarly aged Sentra N16 (GS or GSX) will even be cheaper.
    Okay rin po ba ang honda civic vtis 01 mdl?magkano pa kaya asking price? Thanks

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123