New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    good day po! totoo po ba na nakakasunog ng spark plug yung type ng fuel. I have been using petron XCS po kasi then sa general diagnosis po ng honda nag appear na may carbon na mga spark plugs though kakapalit ko pa lang last december sabi ng kausap ko sa honda mag unleaded na lang daw ako kaso ocane 93 lang yun so blaze na lang daw unleaded base and octane 100 kaya nga lang mas mataas ang price. ano po masuggest nyo? saan po ba may octane 95 na unleaded base? may katotohanan nga po ba advice sa akin? thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    IMHO all gasoline brands now use unleaded fuel according to the law. Baka you are running your engine too rich kaya nagka carbon. Try adjusting the timing.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Lhemf View Post
    good day po! totoo po ba na nakakasunog ng spark plug yung type ng fuel. I have been using petron XCS po kasi then sa general diagnosis po ng honda nag appear na may carbon na mga spark plugs though kakapalit ko pa lang last december sabi ng kausap ko sa honda mag unleaded na lang daw ako kaso ocane 93 lang yun so blaze na lang daw unleaded base and octane 100 kaya nga lang mas mataas ang price. ano po masuggest nyo? saan po ba may octane 95 na unleaded base? may katotohanan nga po ba advice sa akin? thanks!
    1st: you are so wasting money using a highend gasoline. the lowest (93) should be fine and it will save you money.

2nd: did you changed your sparkplugs yourself or other person did it for you? if other person changed it for you, have you seen the older SPs to verify they were changed?

3rd: what is the general diagnosis for? do you have to get new set of SPs? if yes, then you just paid a replacement you don't need.

as i have been suggesting in my other posts, SPs can last until 100K KM without any issue. it's up to you if you want to replace them in a regular basis and it's your money to burn. SPs are expensive and the expense multiplies the number of times you replace them without the need to do so.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    IMHO all gasoline brands now use unleaded fuel according to the law. Baka you are running your engine too rich kaya nagka carbon. Try adjusting the timing.
    paano po yun ¨running engine too rich¨? alin po timing? pasensya na po, di po ko that familiar pa. maraming salamat.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LNopal View Post
    1st: you are so wasting money using a highend gasoline. the lowest (93) should be fine and it will save you money.

2nd: did you changed your sparkplugs yourself or other person did it for you? if other person changed it for you, have you seen the older SPs to verify they were changed?

3rd: what is the general diagnosis for? do you have to get new set of SPs? if yes, then you just paid a replacement you don't need.

as i have been suggesting in my other posts, SPs can last until 100K KM without any issue. it's up to you if you want to replace them in a regular basis and it's your money to burn. SPs are expensive and the expense multiplies the number of times you replace them without the need to do so.

thanks po for the advice. nagpachange po ko ng spark plugs sa honda last december and sila din po naagsabi sa akin this march na i need to replace again...although hindi ko na po pinapalitan ulit, nagpalinis na lang po ako sa servitek. i did the general diagnosis for maintenance po, mag 100,000 na po kais mileage ko and yun po isa finding and yun stabilizer links and bushing lang po nakita. nagtaka lang po kasi ako why kelangan palitan agad spark plugs wherein bago pa nga po.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ^bro, try to search here comments/feedback re their CASA experience. you'll find it here na mas madami bad experiences sa mga CASA.

i had my timing belt change kay sir migs of Speedyfix last 2009.

Shop - 722-6117, 0917-5347636 speedyfixph.com 308 P. Guevarra corner Seaview St San Juan

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    1. i would research on what octane number my engine needs, and shift to that type. yes, most newer engines require lower octane now, as in 93, but... you did not indicate what your engine is..
    2. i would research on what type of spark plugs are recommended for my engine, and replace the ones i have now if they are a different type.
    3. i would have my engine tuned up. this would include fuel delivery system (carburetor?), valve lash, engine timing, clean and adjust spark plugs, distributor (!), and others..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Lhemf View Post
    paano po yun ¨running engine too rich¨? alin po timing? pasensya na po, di po ko that familiar pa. maraming salamat.
    this is only applicable to older cars which have carburators. you can adjust the timing (idle) high or low, which will cause a higher or lower rpm. the higher rpm (rich), the more gas you consume. you can adjust the timing using a timing gun.

however, if your car is a newer one which is no longer a carburator type (direct injection), you cannot change your timing since it is electronically controlled by your car's ECU.

gas type inquiry