New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I want to know how close they are to each other in terms of power and fuel consumption of the galant and civic. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryant View Post
    I want to know how close they are to each other in terms of power and fuel consumption of the galant and civic. Thanks.
    "ser,mas tipid po ata ang honda kesa jan sa galant,isipin mo inline 4 yang civic compared sa v6 galant diba.??ewan ko lang sa power..anung makina ba kinokompare mo?"

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    medyo malayo ang fuel economy nung dalawa, boss.

V6 yung isa, inline 4 yung isa.

mas matipid di hamak yung civic. design nya yun eh, para matipid. to get power out of that baby, you have to mash the damn pedal to redline. ang labas nito, papantay ang fuel consumption nya dun sa v6.

i own a v6 car, and ang sarap ng pakiramdam pag nasa 150kph ka na with the motor lazily spinning at 2000-2500 rpm. panalo sa highway cruising, hahaha!

to reach 150kph on my vtec 1.6, paspas ang ikot ng makina, nasa 3000-3500. ditto for my old crv, 120kph pa lang parang 3500 rpm na eh. imagine mo yung fuel consumption nun.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Consider the variables:
    Galant has a heavier body
    Galant has more cylinders, heavier engine

The final variable is how you drive them back to back. If that's kept constant, the Honda will be more economical.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think for power, the Galant has the edge, pero ang lufet ng FC... almost double... i think that the galang v6 consumes around 4-5 kpl, while the civic around 9 kpl.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Based sa thread title, I think the topic starter wants to compare a DOHC Civic SiR to a Galant VR V6.

Power to weight ratio, Civic SiR wins hands down compared to the heavier weight of the Galant. In terms of comfort, the Galant owns the SiR...bigger body and better stability at highway speeds.

Fuel economy? Since the Galant has a 6 cylinder engine, the SiR has the upper hand specially in traffic conditions (lighter body).

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thanks sa mga reply. I just asked this because my best friend dream car was the galant v6 kahit luma malupet daw. I just want to know if its comparable with my SiR.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    by displacement alone, the civic will be more fuel efficient (2.0 vs. 1.6). by weight, the civic is more fuel efficient (galant is 300kg heavier). by engine design, the civic is more fuel efficient (dual cam profile). by power, the civic is more powerful (160hp vs. galant's 145hp). by torque, galant is more torque. by comfort, galant's suspension is more comfort biased than the civic.

which will i buy, definitely the civic. it's more practical.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ejaydpogi View Post
    by displacement alone, the civic will be more fuel efficient (2.0 vs. 1.6). by weight, the civic is more fuel efficient (galant is 300kg heavier). by engine design, the civic is more fuel efficient (dual cam profile). by power, the civic is more powerful (160hp vs. galant's 145hp). by torque, galant is more torque. by comfort, galant's suspension is more comfort biased than the civic.

which will i buy, definitely the civic. it's more practical.
    "true ba yun 145 sa galant v6?ang lam ko kasi ung 145hp un ung sa 4g63 na inline 4 ng galant noon.?im sure na hindi 145hp ung v6.?ang weak naman ng v6 kung ganun lang hp niya."

Galant V6 '97 or Vtec DOHC '99