New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi Guys! I have a Tafetta white 2004 Civic VTi and I am planning to put fog lights on it and there's 4 things i am wondering about:

1. What color to put in: Clear for a Bluish White HID bulb or Super yellow?(headlights are Bluish white HID)

2. Is it safe to install considering I have read some cases that it has chances burning?

3. Where is the switch usually placed?

4. Where to buy a pair? or is there anyone there selling?

Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ibagay mo yung kulay ng headlights mo sa bibilin mong fog lights. kung white na yang headlights mo tapos mag yellow ka sa foglights, sa tingin mo bagay ba yun! ang switch ay nkalagay sa steering panel or usually sa tabi nung panel switch sa side mirrors, or its up tou you. buy from a respected car shops. punta ka sa mayapis, makati. madame dun.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    1. Unless they're projectors, DON'T use HID on fog lamps. Stock halogen wattage of 55-60W ought to be enough. I use Philips Vision Plus (clear).
    2. Use OEM fog lamp assemblies. If you can find any that's made by Stanley, the better.
    3. Not sure about 7th gen Civics, but the fog lamp switch is usually at the left portion of the dashboard. There are usually removable panels/cutouts there to install the switch to. It's possible that the OEM fog lamp kit comes with a new stalk switch with the fog lamp switch integrated to it. This will replace your existing stalk switch.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    thanks for the help guys!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    iirc the switch on the foglights of the 04 vti-s is on the turn signal lever/switch/thingee

Foglights Civic 2004 vti