New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Good day sa mga new owners ng 2015 models with CVT tranny .. Any feedback ??

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Each CVT-equipped car is different. You can't compare an Altis' CVT with a City's. If you're eyeing a particular car, then look for feedback for that specific model.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Each CVT-equipped car is different. You can't compare an Altis' CVT with a City's. If you're eyeing a particular car, then look for feedback for that specific model.
    for honda city or jazz CVT sana Sir .. may honda City 2006 cvt kc ako now nanginginig pag reverse bka nawala nasa mga bagong models or more improve na .. tnx

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

for honda city or jazz CVT sana Sir .. may honda City 2006 cvt kc ako now nanginginig pag reverse bka nawala nasa mga bagong models or more improve na .. tnx

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    of course its improved... they use it now on the accord and cr-v in other countries.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The 2nd gen City (what you have) and the first gen Jazz had a problematic CVT. You're not the only one having issues with it.

But, the CVT of the current Jazz/City is COMPLETELY NEW and is completely different from the old Honda CVT. No issues whatsoever (so far) and it's responsive and helps a lot with fuel efficiency. That's all you need to know, and if you're not satisfied with what I'm telling you, there are dozens of City owners in the 2014 City thread that can attest to the much-improved CVT.

Now, it's no use posting in the threads of other cars (like what you did with the Altis thread), because the Altis CVT is completely different from the City CVT. Para mong tinanong sa McDo kung masarap na ba yung luto ng Jollibee Chickenjoy.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    The 2nd gen City (what you have) and the first gen Jazz had a problematic CVT. You're not the only one having issues with it.

But, the CVT of the current Jazz/City is COMPLETELY NEW and is completely different from the old Honda CVT. No issues whatsoever (so far) and it's responsive and helps a lot with fuel efficiency. That's all you need to know, and if you're not satisfied with what I'm telling you, there are dozens of City owners in the 2014 City thread that can attest to the much-improved CVT.

Now, it's no use posting in the threads of other cars (like what you did with the Altis thread), because the Altis CVT is completely different from the City CVT. Para mong tinanong sa McDo kung masarap na ba yung luto ng Jollibee Chickenjoy.
    i recently had a post regarding toyota FC because i wish to purchase a new vios or altis , it's just i read about toyota altis cvt and i've told them my experience, and also i want to be sure that if i choose a toyota , cvt would be not my problem anymore,, kya im interested when it comes to cvt ,, i am more serious now when it comes to cvt tranny , kya wag mo isama sa usapan ung mcdo at jollibee dito ,, im doing my research here ...

i recently had a post regarding toyota FC because i wish to purchase a new vios or altis , it's just i read about toyota altis cvt and i've told them my experience, and also i want to be sure that if i choose a toyota , cvt would be not my problem anymore,, kya im interested when it comes to cvt ,, i am more serious now when it comes to cvt tranny , kya wag mo isama sa usapan ung mcdo at jollibee dito ,, im doing my research here ...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Regardless of the brand, whether Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, or Subaru, their current crop of CVT-equipped cars are much better than Honda's effort at a CVT in the early 2000s.

Among them, it's Mitsu's CVT that I like the least because of its rubbery CVT feel and no attempt to simulate shifting when floored and in D mode. It's because Mitsu's CVT is among the older ones, compared to the more recently developed CVTs of the other brands.

The Altis' CVT is creamy smooth with no shift shock, quick response to throttle input, but feels very boring with the impression that there's no power even if the speedo needle is quickly rising. Quite similar to Honda's CVT as well.

Subaru's CVT is the nicest because it feels more engaging and is quicker to "shift" with no noticeable rubber band feel.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Regardless of the brand, whether Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, or Subaru, their current crop of CVT-equipped cars are much better than Honda's effort at a CVT in the early 2000s.

Among them, it's Mitsu's CVT that I like the least because of its rubbery CVT feel and no attempt to simulate shifting when floored and in D mode. It's because Mitsu's CVT is among the older ones, compared to the more recently developed CVTs of the other brands.

The Altis' CVT is creamy smooth with no shift shock, quick response to throttle input, but feels very boring with the impression that there's no power even if the speedo needle is quickly rising. Quite similar to Honda's CVT as well.

Subaru's CVT is the nicest because it feels more engaging and is quicker to "shift" with no noticeable rubber band feel.
    noted sir this will help... tnx

noted sir this will help... tnx

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012

2016 outlander cvt is reported to have "shift" feel now. lol